Main Menu

Future Shock: 40 Years of 2000 AD - 25th Jan-23 Apr 2017 @ The Cartoon Museum

Started by Dolman, 08 January, 2017, 05:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolman

I was planning my trip to London (for the 40 years anniversary) and saw that the Cartoon Museum will host a 2000AD exhibition.

http://www.cartoonmuseum.org/exhibitions/future-exhibitions

:D

Fungus

Dunk!

Plan on seeing this on the Sunday after the 40th celebration.

Any others staying in the Novotel location (and not too hungover) are welcome to join me. :)

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Albion

Quote from: Dunk! on 09 January, 2017, 09:59:56 AM

Me too. Could be a busy day for them.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

sheridan

May go the week it opens, though also tempting to wait until the Sunday after 40...

shaolin_monkey

This clashes with the Moomin exhibition, so may not be able to make it on the Sunday.  I might be able to squeeze both in though, depending on hangover etc. 

My partner has promised to carry my autograph/sketchbook around while I'm in Judge boots on the Saturday, so it's only fair I go with her to the Moomin exhibition on Sunday.

That said, I love a bit of Moomins anyway.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 January, 2017, 03:58:01 PM
This clashes with the Moomin exhibition, so may not be able to make it on the Sunday.  I might be able to squeeze both in though, depending on hangover etc. 

My partner has promised to carry my autograph/sketchbook around while I'm in Judge boots on the Saturday, so it's only fair I go with her to the Moomin exhibition on Sunday.

That said, I love a bit of Moomins anyway.

Where's the Moomin exhibition?

Dunk!

Moomins need to be appreciated pre-hangover so I'll probably see that on the Friday afternoon then wear my new Moomin tat proudly in the pub on Friday night. :)

Dunk!
"Trust we"

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dunk! on 09 January, 2017, 09:59:56 AM

Any others staying in the Novotel location (and not too hungover) are welcome to join me. :)

Dunk!

Yeah I was thinking the same and today buckled and booked the Novotel. Depending on sleepy sleep might well be up for joining you.

Dunk!

I think the Moomin exhibition is book in advance, so folks might want to look into that.

Now Cam Kennedy isn't at the 40th (get well soon, Sir) I'm all about the Moomins.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dunk!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/25/martin-rowson-ben-smith-open-2000ad-exhibition-londons-cartoon-museum-video-pics/

Article about the opening night with our very own Eamonn caught on camera.

The pictures of the art ain't great but that means more to discover when folks visit.

Wish I'd put my Halo Jones' up for exhibition now.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Eamonn Clarke

87 pieces to glory at (6 of them mine  :D)
And 10 more to go up in the upstairs gallery when they have a bit of a reshuffle.
Really worth the £7 price of admission IMHO.

Also they have copies of the new Thrill-Power Overload hardback in the shop already, as well as the 40 years book and a selection of 2000AD trades.