Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Started by TordelBack, 23 January, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Axel Braun is already shooting 'The Lust Jedi'

NapalmKev

The 'rule of two' was established in the Darth Bane novel, Path of Destruction. Bane felt that the sith order had become too diluted and changed their philosophy: One sith to embody the power, the other to crave it*

Cheers

*Extended universe/legends
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JOE SOAP

The Legendary Shark

It never seemed that Luke was anything like a proper Jedi. Obi Wan and Anakin spent years training and learning but Luke just spent half an hour faffing about in a swamp before running off, against Yoda's wishes, and getting his hand chopped off. This does not seem like a decent curriculum to me.

Star Wars IX - The Menace of the Awakening Phantom Sith Clones Rising to Strike Back at the Returning Last Rogue Jedi Hope...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 January, 2017, 08:12:31 AM
It never seemed that Luke was anything like a proper Jedi. Obi Wan and Anakin spent years training and learning but Luke just spent half an hour faffing about in a swamp before running off, against Yoda's wishes, and getting his hand chopped off. This does not seem like a decent curriculum to me.
Jedi School of Hard Knocks, innit?
We never really die.

Mardroid

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 January, 2017, 08:12:31 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping we see something of how he has progressed in the new film. That's another reason I don't want him to be killed off too quickly, if at all.

That being said, he did beat Vader quite soundly in RotJ, and managed to hurt him in TESB, but I guess one might argue that Vader might have held back somewhat due to internal conflict the last time and the second time he wasn't trying to kill him.

It would be nice to see him do more in the latest film in terms of showing his force progression since those younger days though.

Professor Bear

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Professor Bear

I am slightly concerned by how little I care after seeing that trailer.

SIP

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Professor Bear on 14 April, 2017, 05:40:20 PM
I am slightly concerned by how little I care after seeing that trailer.

Bloody hell twice in a week... what's wrong with me... anyway this so reflects my take.

That said early days.

TordelBack

Does a nice line in not giving anything new away, a very good thing when there's still 8 months to go. Hope there's something surprising about those Walkers or they'll be regretting making Rogue One, but the new Resistance corvettes look great, and those speeders look like something I'll be getting for Christmas. No Snoke yet, and not as much scarring on Kylo Yiannopoulos as I was expecting, but optimism levels are at "cautiously".

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Magnetica

Hmmm....I thought that was pretty underwhelming.

At this point I am looking forward much more to seeing Rogue One again (on DVD) and, what I am taking to be the biggest film of the year, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.

Still I assume the excitement will ramp up as December approaches.