Main Menu

JANUARY ART COMP - VOTING THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 30 January, 2017, 12:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Please vote for one FIRST, one SECOND and one THIRD  - first will get 3 points, second 2 and third 1 point.

The vote is decided by total points accumulated overall. You can honourably mention up to five other entries and these HMs are used to decide on tied scores so use them wisely and be aware that saying "all other entries" won't be counted. The deadline is midnight GMT on Tuesday 31st of February.

Albion - Dune-Shark

allied72 - Nowhere Left to Run

amines2058 - Strontium Dog

Andy Lambert - Rodice

Echidna - Raditude

IAMTHESYSTEM - Making Plans

James Newell - Annual Text Story

mightybren - Hot Dog Run

Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog

YOU HAVE 'TIL THE END OF TUESDAY!

sheridan

So that'd be January 31st, not February 31st then...

The Legendary Shark

What's the etiquette for writers voting on entries based on their own work? The Hell with it! 1st: amines2058 - Strontium Dog 2nd: amines2058 - Strontium Dog 3rd: amines2058 - Strontium Dog HM: amines2058 - Strontium Dog :D Seriously, though... 1st: amines2058 - Strontium Dog 2nd: Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog 3rd: Andy Lambert - Rodice HM: IAMTHESYSTEM - Making Plans
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

-MikeD-

Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog
James Newell - Annual Text Story
Andy Lambert - Rodice

HM's - amines2058, IAMTHESYSTEM and Albion

Albion

1.  Uwe De Witt
2.  James Newell
3.  Amines2058

HM: Andy Lambert, IAMTHESYSTEM, Echidna
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Eamonn Clarke

No surprises from me as number one has to be:
1. Uwe De Witt
2. Amines2058 - Strontium Dog
3. Andy Lambert - Rodice

HM MightyBren, Albion & Echidna
;)

mightybren

1. Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog Run
2. Andy Lambert - Rodice
3. Amines2058 - Strontium Dog

HM goes to James Newell - Annual Text Story

james newell

1.  Uwe De Witt - great sequance
2.  Andy Lambert - Rodice - wonderful painting
3.  amines2058 - Strontium Dog - great energy in this!

HM: allied72 - Nowhere Left to Run

Echidna

1st: Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog - very impressive
2nd: Andy Lambert - Rodice - Damn it man, now I've got the Terminator theme stuck in my head!
3rd: James Newell - Annual Text Story - nice concept, reminds me of the one of Death killing a fly that had landed on the page (that was yours too, wasn't it?)

Honorable mentions:
allied72 - Nowhere Left to Run

Eamonn's story seems to have really captured people's imaginations, which makes sense as it was the most "visual" of the bunch. I don't think any of the entries quite captured the sheer badass-ness of a Judge jumping a shark on a Lawmaster, though. Well, maybe one of them did... ;)

Mardroid

1. Uwe De Witte - Hot Dog - He actually made the effort to do a comic strip of the entire story!* Amazing!
2.James Newell - Annual Text Story - I'll admit, mainly for the spectacular effect...
3. Andy Lambert - Rodice - A lovely  haunting image.

HM 1 - amines2058 - Strontium Dog - It's weird and freaky, in a good way.
HM 2 - mightybren - Hot Dog Run - great energy!

*Not to criticise those that didn't considering time, etc, but this is great to see, and done very well.

Jacqusie

I was hoping that someone might be tempted by the Firekind Universe and draw us some dragons!  :)

Ah well, the comp conjoured up some fab art and anything Stronty Dog and Dreddverse always goes down well, so:

1) amines2058 - Strontium Dog

2) James Newell - Annual Text Story

3) Andy Lambert - Rodice

Nice one chaps!

Andy Lambert

1st. Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog  Uwe, it had to be you. Not only is it fantastically drawn, but the whole story got the Uwe treatment so bonus points earned!

2nd. James Newell - Annual Text Story  Great work as ever from James, very cleverly rendered too.

3rd. amines2058 - Strontium Dog  Very striking piece, very evocative of John Hinklenton.

HM: mightybren - Hot Dog Run

Now, question is - will there be another crossover competition where the artists create a picture and the writers write a story around it..? ;)

sheridan

Quote from: Echidna on 30 January, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
Eamonn's story seems to have really captured people's imaginations, which makes sense as it was the most "visual" of the bunch. I don't think any of the entries quite captured the sheer badass-ness of a Judge jumping a shark on a Lawmaster, though. Well, maybe one of them did... ;)

*groan* why did I not get that, about jumping the shark?  Shoulda been a Fonz in there somewhere :)

sheridan

As per usual, it's an almost impossible task to choose (in fact if I did the same tomorrow I'm sure I'd come up with a different list).

• 1st: Andy Lambert - Rodice
  • 2nd: Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog
  • 3rd: IAMTHESYSTEM - Making Plans
honorable mentions

• amines2058 - Strontium Dog
  • James Newell - Annual Text Story

Rogue Judge

These are all fantastic and equally deserving. After much deliberation...

1) Uwe de Witt - Hot Dog
2) Andy Lambert - Rodice
3) James Newell - Annual Text Story

HM
mightybren - Hot Dog Run
Albion - Dune-Shark