Main Menu

Future Shock! The Cartoon Musem

Started by Richard, 05 February, 2017, 08:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I went along to the Cartoon Museum's exhibition on 2000 AD today (35 Little Russell St, London, £7). Thought it was quite good. I enjoyed seeing original artwork and recognising which stories they were from without needing to read the captions. Hadn't realised how big they are in actual size before they're published. Some seem to have been lent to the museum by people who post on this board, so thank you to them.

Spikes

Looking forward to catching this. I believe David Roach's Cursed Earth DPS (drawn by Mick McMahon, of course) is featured amongst all these.

So, £7.00 to get in?

Richard

£7 for adults, under-18s free. Roach's art from prog 2000 is in there (you can see it in one of my photos).

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh now I have a good excuse for dragging my friends to this museum....

I have a friend from Belgium who might be visiting September and I need to find something Science ficton-y to take him to. I could combine it with some DR Who locations but I am open to other suggestions to.

Steve Green

The 2000 AD exhibit closed a while back.

Eamonn Clarke

They have a couple of Doctor Who and 2000AD pages in the permanent exhibit upstairs but literally just a couple. One is a Carlos page from Inferno I think.

The Doctor Alt 8