Main Menu

40th Birthday party- Boarders & Lurkers?

Started by Bolt-01, 06 February, 2017, 03:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I'be selected a few choice talks (and a couple of the signings) but made sure I've left some good blocks of time to work the floor and visit folks tables... oh and food guess I find a way to work that in...

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 February, 2017, 06:16:30 AM
oh and food guess I find a way to work that in...

I'm sure there's crisps at the Slaine bar!

AlexF

Probably a bit late to weigh in but I'll be there! Sadly me cosplay dreams fell through (apart from the carefully sculpted beard, which now just makes me look vain) but I've got a name badge, so, ye shall know me by the name on my badge.

moly

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

TordelBack

All the best people are still here, Hawk.  You, me, Trout, Goaty, Tips, Sharky, Old Tankie, Static Girl, Rogue Judge, Rately, Trent, Jayzus... Less of a birthday bash and more of a pruning of the dead wood, I'd say.

Goaty

Trout

Mikey

I can report I entirely enjoyed meself. Maybe two pints too many last night, but hey! The comic is only forty once.

Met so many creators it was almost unreal - only got my 3A prints signed (Ash was a total gent) and didn't get any sketches, but it was great to meet Richmond, Ming, Link Prime, Joe Soap, DanDontDare and I'll apologise for accosting Jim Campbell when the poor fella was trying to enjoy a quiet smoke.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mikey

Oh, and Bolt, Dode-C, Buttonman and Proudhuff! 
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mikey on 12 February, 2017, 10:06:45 AM
I'll apologise for accosting Jim Campbell when the poor fella was trying to enjoy a quiet smoke.

Good lord! No apologies necessary — I had a great time, and everyone I met was, without exception, a genuine pleasure to talk to. I just wish I'd got there earlier, and/or had the stamina to stay up a bit later!

(Special mention to Pete Wells, however, simply to note that he's a total [spoiler]gent[/spoiler].)

My own failings aside, I thought the whole thing was fantastic and a huge credit to the comic, Rebellion, and to Owen and Michael and everyone else who pulled it together. I used to help organise a similarly-sized music event a few years back, so I (sort of) appreciate the amount of effort, stress and sheer hard work it takes to make something like this happen.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

shaolin_monkey

Damn, so many people I clearly missed!!  Fingers crossed I'll catch up with you at other cons over the next few years - maybe the 41st anniversary..?   :o :D

Apologies to all those who I did meet, and had to put up with my drunken over-excited nonsense.  Cheers to Bad City Blue for helping me kick off the second singsong of 'Whiskey in the Jar' with Fabry!   :lol:

Proudhuff

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 February, 2017, 07:58:22 AM
'Whiskey in the Jar' with Fabry!   :lol:

He was a wee sweetheart wasn't he? He had a nice wee kip on my shoulder at one point  :P
DDT did a job on me