Main Menu

Meg 381 - Scales of Justice!

Started by Richard, 11 February, 2017, 03:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Michael Carroll's latest Dredd story ends on a very interesting note! [spoiler]No spoilers here -- you have to see it for yourself![/spoiler]

There's a full list of the stories in the 40th birthday special, and TPO finishes.

There's a Tale From the Black Museum, which is alright if a bit longer than it needed to be. Pretty good art by Staz Johnson, and I'd like to see more from him.

A.Cow

Quote from: Richard on 11 February, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
Michael Carroll's latest Dredd story ends on a very interesting note!

WOAH!!!

I've not let out an exclamation like that since Dredd uttered the words "Hello, Vienna".

Top work, Mr Carroll.

Trent

Did NOT see that coming at all!

Suspect it is just a one off as much of the story has been covered elsewhere in the Prog.

Still great fun and a brilliant moment as 2000AD does so well.

scrotnig

Loved the Adrian Salmon interview.

I remember Karyn with fondness. I really liked the style, which at the time was unusual and quite divisive.

I wish he would ocme back to us.

SALMON63

It's nice to hear somebody remembers my work so I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Nobody has asked me back in years but maybe somebody could whisper in Tharg's pointy ear?  ;)

Cheers!

Adrian

Eamonn Clarke

Busy weekend with the 40th and all the eBay listings to be done yesterday so I hope you will forgive the combined image from the 2000AD Fb and Twitter droids.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Quote from: SALMON63 on 12 February, 2017, 04:25:57 PM
It's nice to hear somebody remembers my work so I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Nobody has asked me back in years but maybe somebody could whisper in Tharg's pointy ear?  ;)

Cheers!

Adrian

Hi Adrian, were you at the 40th event in Hammersmith? Keep thinking I saw you but wasn't sure - and didn't want to accost some random punter!

James Stacey

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 13 February, 2017, 08:37:05 AM
Judge Dredd: Michael Carroll and Ben Willsher and Blimey, O'Reilly!
He's a cheeky fellah that Mr Carroll. Well played sir.

SALMON63

Hi Adrian, were you at the 40th event in Hammersmith? Keep thinking I saw you but wasn't sure - and didn't want to accost some random punter >>

Hi David - No I wasn't so you saved yourself some embarrassment! I didn't get an invite but I'll get over it. I'm hoping to make the Glasgow Con this year if I can wrangle an invite.:)

JUDGE BURNS

My subs copy arrived today and when I read the final panel of this tale I almost jumped out of my chair.

Hats off to the script droid, Michael Carroll for this mind blowing event .

I look forward to see how this develops into The future of Dredd's world. !!!!

The Monarch

Adrian may i also say i loved your work not only in the meg but also on doctor who magazine and some of the early covers of the uk x men reprints before they went to keeping american covers its a shame they did away with new covers i guess it was a cost thing

SALMON63

Thankyou Monarch. When Disney swallowed up Marvel the edict came down that Panini were no longer allowed to create new content - strips or covers but only use American reprints. A sad day which lost many  British creators their jobs.I did enjoy drawing those covers whilst driving a newspaper delivery van by day - that was until I crashed the vehicle due to lack of sleep.:)

Adrian

sheridan

Rubicon.  Wow!  Didn't see it coming (though I've often thought about how we're getting much closer to the pivotal event of that other series than, say, the Apocalypse War in Dredd).

Smith

Quote from: sheridan on 16 February, 2017, 01:18:29 AM
Rubicon.  Wow!  Didn't see it coming (though I've often thought about how we're getting much closer to the pivotal event of that other series than, say, the Apocalypse War in Dredd).
My thoughts exactly.