Main Menu

Legion FX Marvel show

Started by JLC, 14 February, 2017, 03:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLC

Anyone seen this yet? Really impressive opening episode.

Professor Bear

I liked the visual aesthetic, but as it progressed it began to slide wankwards.  By the time the musical number kicked in, I just wanted it to stop.

Tjm86

I ended up doing it in a couple of sittings.  I would agree with PB on the self indulgence of it, it seemed to be trying a little too hard to be clever.  "Oh look, this is all about mental health so lets have lots of layered references."  Will stick with it to see where it goes, or if it does indeed go anywhere (unlike Westworld or so that felt).

The Enigmatic Dr X

This jumped the shark with the musical sequence. I just don't have the time to be arsed.
Lock up your spoons!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 February, 2017, 08:41:32 PM
This jumped the shark with the musical sequence. I just don't have the time to be arsed.

Did they? A 20 second dream musical number? That's what made you think it 'jumped the shark'? Everything else in the show seemed perfectly normal?  :lol:

I watched the first episode knowing nothing about it. I did not know it was even from Marvel and I have to say I thought it was a pretty strong episode (I even enjoyed the musical dance number, all 20 seconds of it).

I don't read Marvel comics too much (I'm assuming from the logo at the end this is an X-Men universe thing) but overall I thought it was decent. I liked the characters and cared what happened to them next and I'm intrigued to see where the series is going.

As always with these series it's very difficult to judge anything on it's opening episode but I liked it.

JLC

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 15 February, 2017, 03:01:24 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 February, 2017, 08:41:32 PM

Did they? A 20 second dream musical number? That's what made you think it 'jumped the shark'? Everything else in the show seemed perfectly normal?  :lol:

I watched the first episode knowing nothing about it. I did not know it was even from Marvel and I have to say I thought it was a pretty strong episode (I even enjoyed the musical dance number, all 20 seconds of it).

I don't read Marvel comics too much (I'm assuming from the logo at the end this is an X-Men universe thing) but overall I thought it was decent. I liked the characters and cared what happened to them next and I'm intrigued to see where the series is going.

As always with these series it's very difficult to judge anything on it's opening episode but I liked it.

I agree totally. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.