Main Menu

Mimikeke doing a cover!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 09 March, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: I, Cosh on 09 March, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
Excellent work. Finally, that Dredd/Sims crossover is one step closer!

I actually asked a lady with a homemade Judge logo cardigan at the 40th if she was Mimikeke. She wasn't.

eek! I done something similar  :-\
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

I briefly spoke to Emily when she dropped a few things off at the S/D table, really chuffed she's got a gig on the prog.

When I saw that Hershey pic, it did look like a lost cover.

Dunk!

Quote from: I, Cosh on 09 March, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
I actually asked a lady with a homemade Judge logo cardigan at the 40th if she was Mimikeke. She wasn't.

Hah! Almost did the same but someone told me it wasn't just in time.

Was a great cardigan though on a teeny lady.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Steve Green

I think that was Kelly who was hosting the John/Carlos panel.

Woolly

Excellent news!
Look forward to seeing this  :thumbsup:

dweezil2

The more the merrier to the house of Tharg.

It's great that 2000AD continues to give exposure to new artists and those less familiar to these shores.  :thumbsup:   
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

O Lucky Stevie!

That is Rian Hughes-level gorgeousness.

Wow.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Jim_Campbell

This is indeed fantastic news. Mind you, I'm still trying to figure out the linguistic alchemy that produces a word as lovely as "mimikeke" simply by sticking the word 'mike' in the middle of the word 'mike'!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 March, 2017, 07:55:58 AM
This is indeed fantastic news. Mind you, I'm still trying to figure out the linguistic alchemy that produces a word as lovely as "mimikeke" simply by sticking the word 'mike' in the middle of the word 'mike'!

Yes, I thought she was a bloke called Mike for a long time before she posted a picture of her nails painted in a 2000ad theme.

Awesome news; I love mimikeke's stuff and miss having her round the board.  (And once again, it's a welcome erosion of the prog's frat club tradition.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordonR

Ah, that's who that was.  I met her at the 40th event.  She gave me a little Rogue Trooper and biochip artwork key ring fob she'd made.  (Which unfortunately broke a few days ago.)

ZenArcade

I am delighted to hear this, Mimikeke is a real talent. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 March, 2017, 08:17:47 AM

Yes, I thought she was a bloke called Mike for a long time before she posted a picture of her nails painted in a 2000ad theme.

Whereas Stevie then assumed that Buttonman had changed his moniker.

Ooops.  :-[
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

James Stacey

Just catching up on this. Well done Mimikeke! Well deserved