Main Menu

More instructions please

Started by shallam01, 13 March, 2017, 12:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shallam01

For those of us not au fait with message boards where can we find some simple "how to post /reply" directions rather than the whole detailed  rules /etiquette thing.

Really glad to be part of the community. Long time reader / first time poster.

This weekend I just read 75 archive progs in a row. Wife very unhappy ! 

sheridan

Quote from: shallam01 on 13 March, 2017, 12:26:43 PM

Which range of progs did you read?  Hope you circuits were strong enough for that intake of thrill-power, etc ;)

Bolt-01

Earthlet- please be aware that vintage progs have no appreciable loss of thrill-power.

Read responsibly.

and welcome.

Frank

For those of us not au fait with message boards where can we find some simple "how to post /reply" directions

The reason you can't reply to some discussions is because admin want to make sure you're not a spambot. Click on the link below and make a polite request for full membership:

https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=43559.msg949012#msg949012

Also, if you want to quote the post to which you're replying in your reply (as I've done to your post) click on the 'QUOTE' button above the post (next to the REPLY button). The quoted text will appear in a box at the start of your reply.

Colin YNWA

I want to be you.

Someone get this person full board privileges quick!

There's a 'Help' section at the top that might be of use.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=help

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 13 March, 2017, 01:32:49 PM
Also, if you want to quote the post to which you're replying in your reply (as I've done to your post) click on the 'QUOTE' button above the post (next to the REPLY button). The quoted text will appear in a box at the start of your reply.

And most important of all, seconds after you've pressed post you realise you want to either add something or delete something but can't because that one time the 'modify message' button doesn't appear :)

shallam01

Thanks all. I think I can see my way around now a lot better. The old progs were all within the first 100 or
So. I was surprised how much I gravitated to Mach one (which I never lived at the time )
I recently read invasion in trades and think it's still a masterpiece. Early future shocks pretty great.

As you all know - amazing how well it both stands as a testament to the time AND still reads well today.

Smith

Quote from: sheridan on 13 March, 2017, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: Frank on 13 March, 2017, 01:32:49 PM

And most important of all, seconds after you've pressed post you realise you want to either add something or delete something but can't because that one time the 'modify message' button doesn't appear :)
Or every time.
Also,welcome,shallam.