Main Menu

Now on ebay - original art!

Started by monstercreations, 28 March, 2017, 09:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theredstar1969

The VCs page appears to have been removed?

ming

Quote from: theredstar1969 on 29 March, 2017, 02:05:17 PM
The VCs page appears to have been removed?

Someone went for the 'buy it now' option, I guess?  A nice page so hopefully it's found a loving home (if I didn't already have some of Cam's pages from this I'd have been tempted).

Bolt-01

That is a cracking VC's page as well. Hope it has found a good new home.

theredstar1969

There wasn't a buy it now (as far as I can remember  :D).

Otherwise I'd have bought it then  :'(

Bojay1997

The VCs piece was probably "side dealed" by a collector (i.e. they offered a set amount to buy the piece outright despite the ongoing bidding) .  There are a couple of very aggressive 2000ad original art collectors that engage in that awful practice on a regular basis, going so far in some cases as to offer to pay more than the final bid after someone has already won. 

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: theredstar1969 on 29 March, 2017, 03:08:42 PM
Otherwise I'd have bought it then  :'(

Yeah... despite not really 'doing' original art, I was keeping an eye on that one with half a mind to stick in a bid...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bojay1997 on 29 March, 2017, 06:45:34 PM
There are a couple of very aggressive 2000ad original art collectors

At least one of those guys is a complete —word we're not allowed to say on here—. I still have the messages saved down from when he made several thinly-veiled threats of violence against me here and on Facebook over a very trivial disagreement on this forum.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

And at least one lied outright to a seller in order to secure a piece I was bidding on.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 29 March, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
And at least one lied outright to a seller in order to secure a piece I was bidding on.

Then I rolled that page into a makeshift torch, and used it to light a pile of €50 notes on fire!
Yeeee-haw!

< Empties two six-shooters into the air >

theredstar1969

Quote from: Bojay1997 on 29 March, 2017, 06:45:34 PM
The VCs piece was probably "side dealed" by a collector (i.e. they offered a set amount to buy the piece outright despite the ongoing bidding) .  There are a couple of very aggressive 2000ad original art collectors that engage in that awful practice on a regular basis, going so far in some cases as to offer to pay more than the final bid after someone has already won.

Oh, that's a bit bum.  Nevermind - bit of a pity as that was the page I liked most.

Fungus

Quote from: Link Prime on 29 March, 2017, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 29 March, 2017, 08:07:57 PM

Then I rolled that page into a makeshift torch, and used it to light a pile of €50 notes on fire!
Yeeee-haw!

< Empties two six-shooters into the air >
You just made me snort  :D

CalHab

For those who are curious, the MacNeill Strontium Dog page went for £186, the Gibson Dredd for £267 and the Gibson Robo-Hunter for £332. Strong prices, I think (not that I know much about these things).

Best of luck with the wedding!