Main Menu

Thoughts on the fall of deadworld?

Started by marko10174, 29 March, 2017, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeJudi

We've seen all of the originals I think? Which means that if he becomes a Dark Judge then he's one of the numerous ones (mostly unnamed) that we see Death kill off in the em.. Dreams of Deathworld (was that it's name) series?

Think that this series is set at least 40 years in the past (centuries if you stick to the original deathworld chronology) maybe [spoiler]Fairfax and some others get off Deathworld somehow or Death and the gang only *think* they've killed everyone off? [/spoiler]

JoFox2108

Quote from: NapalmKev on 21 April, 2017, 09:38:33 AM
I'm probably widely off the mark but I'm going to suggest that Fairfax is actually [spoiler]Judge Mortis[/spoiler]. The only reason I have is [spoiler]During the first series we see Mortis drinking his concoctions. I believe this is a follow on to the fact he is making his own medicine (at the moment) to keep him going.[/spoiler]

Perhaps not.

Cheers

I've been thinking along the same lines.
QuoteIt's all a deep end.

Hawkmumbler

I think we can dispense with any theories that Fairfax is ANY of the four stooges, they're all appeared at some point since the first instalment of Deadworld.

JudgeJudi

A sarcastic bike it seems is not a new thing....

positronic

Quote from: JudgeJudi on 21 April, 2017, 12:56:01 PM
We've seen all of the originals I think? Which means that if he becomes a Dark Judge then he's one of the numerous ones (mostly unnamed) that we see Death kill off in the em.. Dreams of Deathworld (was that it's name) series?

I'm glad you brought that story (or should it be stories) up. Has it/have they/ been reprinted in a collection somewhere yet? Dreams of Deadworld, that sounds right doesn't it? I think so.

Hawkmumbler

positronic

Quote from: positronic on 23 April, 2017, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: JudgeJudi on 21 April, 2017, 12:56:01 PM

I'm glad you brought that story (or should it be stories) up. Has it/have they/ been reprinted in a collection somewhere yet? Dreams of Deadworld, that sounds right doesn't it? I think so.

Zarjaz! I've just learned this series is to be reprinted in a hardback collected edition in Dec. 2017 (unfortunately, no cover preview available as yet): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1781086036/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1493857158&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+judges

The Corinthian

Prog 2029 seems to add weight to the hyopthesis that [spoiler]Fairfax[/spoiler] is connected to [spoiler]Judge Fear[/spoiler], even if it still seems unlikely that [spoiler]they're literally the same person[/spoiler].

Or they could just be trolling us.

JoFox2108

Quote from: The Corinthian on 04 May, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
Prog 2029 seems to add weight to the hyopthesis that [spoiler]Fairfax[/spoiler] is connected to [spoiler]Judge Fear[/spoiler], even if it still seems unlikely that [spoiler]they're literally the same person[/spoiler].

Or they could just be trolling us.
Oh my goodness, my Progress 2029 hasn't been delivered yet - I can't wait to read this!   

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

QuoteIt's all a deep end.

TordelBack

This week's installment certainly clears up [spoiler]the nature of Fear's involvement in Fall of Deadworld,[/spoiler] and amazingly makes the most useless of the Foetid Four bowel-looseningly scary for the first time since that panel called his bluff.  Never figured him for [spoiler]the gang's tech-head (I had Mortis down for that, but maybe he's the medic-equivalent instead), but it makes a lot of sense![/spoiler]

positronic

Quote from: JoFox2108 on 04 May, 2017, 10:43:56 AM
Oh my goodness, my Progress 2029 hasn't been delivered yet - I can't wait to read this!   

This seems like a neophyte question, but I thought I'd read somewhere (or maybe I just assumed it somehow, I can't remember now) that "prog" was diminutive for "programme" (because Tharg channels the thrill-power to us mere earthlets through "script droids" and "art droids"). I used to wonder whether it was "progression" or "programme", but somehow I seem to have gotten the idea that it's the latter. Can someone confirm this one way or the other?

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dave Kendall

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 May, 2017, 11:13:29 AM
This week's installment certainly clears up [spoiler]the nature of Fear's involvement in Fall of Deadworld,[/spoiler] and amazingly makes the most useless of the Foetid Four bowel-looseningly scary for the first time since that panel called his bluff.  Never figured him for [spoiler]the gang's tech-head (I had Mortis down for that, but maybe he's the medic-equivalent instead), but it makes a lot of sense![/spoiler]

We're playing with the idea that he's the Gestapo aspect of the Dark Judges. Secret police, the torturer. I like the way Kek's seeing him as an idea or emotion rather than a physical effect like the other three. That could make him weaker or it could make him the bedrock of much that they do. After all Fear is the foundation for so many evil acts on our planet. Maybe he's the most easily defeated if you're steadfast or strong but even in those, maybe, he plants seeds of doubt. I don't know. Kek and I just like to muse on these things.

We hinted at his shrunken heads in episode one of cursed. A sister was prepping one.

TordelBack

Face it, you pair are just a twisted mockery of all that is good. 

That's another brilliant re-interpretation of a pretty stale and (in-story) ineffective character.  I've said it before, but you're breathing fresh unlife into these great Wagner/Grant/Bolland designs, and all squaxxdom should thank you for it.