Started by dweezil2, 29 March, 2017, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Great to read all the Megadrive love!  :)  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Buttonman

The Mega Drive was my main system - had a Playstation 1 &2 but it never had the same attraction.

I finished 'Panic on Funkatron' as well as the first game - those pesky humans!

The Dredd game was probably his best outing ever with the producers obviously caring for the subject with Chopper graffiti and sky surfers appearing.

I also finished Flashback although it did take an age - the 'Death Tower' level was great but the puzzles were tough as were some of the jumps.

Also liked Cannon Fodder but never fiinished it. There was a similar one called 'General Chaos' which was fun and an endless shoot 'em up 'Zero Tolerance' anyone remember that?

radiator

QuoteThe Dredd game was probably his best outing ever with the producers obviously caring for the subject with Chopper graffiti and sky surfers appearing.

ISTR that one of the developers of the 16-bit Dredd game once had a letter published in 2000ad or the Meg, saying he became a massive fan of the character while doing research for the game, and though the game was originally just supposed to cover the storyline of the Stallone movie, he personally pushed to include a load of extra levels featuring loads of things from the comics - skysurfers, the Dark Judges etc etc.

Satanist

I (correctly) owned a Snes at the time but played loads of multiplayer Micro Machines at my mates house. I borrowed it when he was on hols with D&D, Light Crusader (you swordfight a WW2 tank is my main memory) and the very Zelda like Story of Thor.

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 29 March, 2017, 08:42:02 PMThere was also a game called Snatcher for the Mega CD.

Heads up that this is a very rare/valuable game.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tony Angelino

Unfortunately I didn't keep Snatcher.

Strangely enough, other than thinking it was brilliant, I don't remember anything at all about it. Not gameplay, not story, nothing. 

Woolly

Two pages and no mention of Revenge of Shinobi? The game that featured Spider-Man and Batman as villains? And was awesome? Shame.

I also bought the CD-Rom add-on from a mate for £50.
That's £50 I won't see again...

Tony Angelino

I loved the Mega Drive so much I bought both the Mega CD and the 32X. Sega then didn't do a great job of supporting either with decent games. After feeling a bit cheated I didn't buy any more Sega consoles.

JamesC

The 32X was worth it just for Virtua Racing Deluxe and Star Wars Arcade!

Tony Angelino

Virtua Racing was good but for some reason I didn't get Star Wars. I had Doom 32X as well but it was quite short from memory.