Main Menu

Scarlet Traces: The Cold War annotations

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 04 April, 2017, 12:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Previously I have compiled annotations to Ian Edginton and D'Israeli's Scarlet Traces, and some of their other collaborations.

I am finally getting round to doing the same for the latest series and am working through them one Prog at a time. You can find the work in progress here and I would be delighted to get your contributions, corrections and extra notes for anything that I have missed.

Cheers.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Oh my this is going to take ages to work through.

Indeed this must have been a labour of love.

walrus

Thank you for the heads up, this looks fascinating. Thanks for all of the work involved in creating this.

sheridan

Jacqusie

Thanks for this, I for one would really appreciate some added help with the series as I've not managed to connect it to the Great Game very well. Ta! :thumbsup:

Proudhuff

Loving that Mrs T is working for Harold Wilson in the latest issue  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Echidna

I'm a bit late to the party here (been catching up on progs after letting my print subscription expire and going digital), so I don't know if this has already been covered, but I've translated the Martian language in Cold War Book 2. Feel free to use these in your annotations, Eamonn.

Prog 2028
(The Very Bad Word has been censored as per forum rules but you're big boys and girls, you can figure it out)

Prog 2030
Who knew the Martians were Daphne & Celeste fans?

There's some snippets of Daphne & Celeste in 2031 and 2032 as well.

Bolt-01

sheridan

Thanks Echnidna - it came up on a thread a while ago, but nobody gave any clue how they were translating it so it all went over the rest of us's heads's.

Eamonn Clarke

Update.
Google sites archived the old sites system (!?!)

So I have re-published the text on their new system
https://sites.google.com/view/scarlet-traces-annotations/home

The image files aren't there yet so I am slowly updating those and checking all the links as I go