Main Menu

First Post, Free Comic...FRAK YEAH!

Started by RobJ, 06 April, 2017, 11:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobJ

FREE COMICS!

Hey 2000ad! I'm a writer and letterer of comics and create my comics under the banner of Madius Comics!

We are currently collecting our 2000ad influenced Anthology series, Papercuts & inkstains into a 250 Behemoth of a comic! It's a collection of one shots and ongoing stories which feature everything from Aliens, vampires, werewolves, girl guides, bbq cookbooks, roadside assistance in the apocalypse, a thoroughly Yorkshire Zombie outbreak, time wars, coffee shortages and what happens when idiots bring forth a chaos demon.

To say as a virgin poster, I wanted to share one of the stories with you. The following is called "Where'd Wendigo", written by Myself and Mike Sambrook, with art by Ceri Hanvey and Colours by Alexa Renee. If you love Stand by Me, Predator, The Goonies or Stranger Things, then this is the comic for you! Don't believe me, check out these snippets from a couple of reviews:

Quote"Her panel choice really lets the script flow and she also draws comedy very well – something that sometimes isn't that easy to carry off. This script is laugh out loud funny. The line "If it bleeds you can grill it" will stay with me for a while. It's surprisingly warm too – reminds me of Goonies and in particular Stranger Things, which is weird because I'm sure this was completed long before the show even aired. It has the same feeling of childhood friendship being the best thing ever, about it." - Other Worlds Than These

"Ceri Harvey's art evokes a manga feel, while the script is witty and warm as it pokes gentle fun at various genres. 10/10"- Starburst Magazine

"Ceri Hanvey's artwork is solid, with some cracking reaction shots and several pleasing action beats" - Big Comic Page

Anyway, enough waffle, "Give the people what they want, Jones" I hear you all cry!

Since I'm also a bit rubbish and cant figure out how to link pics, follow the link for free comics glory!
https://madiuscomicshq.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/one-week-to-go-exclusive-full-story-for-you-all/

If you enjoy the comic, then please check out our kickstarter link! We've got 6 days left to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698917327/paperbacks-and-inkstains-the-collected-papercuts-a?ref=creator_nav

I look forward to chatting to you all! :)

Rob

Colin YNWA

RobJ

Frak indeed! ;)

Hope you enjoyed the comic!

TordelBack

Like the Stranger Lumberjanes vibe, and the the art has a nice Baxendale feel too. Good stuff.

RobJ

Thanks TordelBack!

Ceri did a fine job on the characters and story. Alexa did an amazing job on colours too. Me & Mike (my co-writer) had a lot of fun putting this together!

Keep an eye on the forum boards as I'm going to share another story from the project. Hopefully it'll entice you to maybe come back us! ;)