Main Menu

50% off all back-issues!

Started by starscape, 01 January, 2004, 06:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starscape

(I won't advertise here normally but thought you might be interested)

All back-issues*,annuals* and videos* are 50% off the advertised price at the Superhero Store (www.superherostore.co.uk).  That includes items such as hundreds of 2000AD, Starblazer, Battle, Valiant, Thunder, Batman, Alan Moore comics, Night
raven, X-Men, MarvelUK, Starlord & many more.

(as they all say) Hurry, this sale must end soon!

(*does not include order finding, advance orders, subscriptions, small press, Starscape and items in conjunction with outside stores such as Amazon, AllPosters or OnePoster)

Link: http://www.superherostore.co.uk" target="_blank">Superhero Store Sale

Tarantino

Ok, to turn over a new leaf and as a New Year?s resolution, I will join in more threads and start new ones, as long as PaulVonScott promises not to come home drunk and use the ?F word? anymore.

I will start by trying to justify my remarks regarding the current progs and the last Dreddcon.

Firstly, I deliberately missed the Dreddcon in 2002, as I refused to pay the exorbitant entrance fee, that was a complete rip off. The Dreddcon this year was a let down for me because I remember the first one, which had a great atmosphere and seemed to be celebrating 2000AD. They had Judges Walking around and loads of other interesting features. They just seemed to put lots of effort into it. This year?s seemed to be a promotion of Herolix and related products in the downstairs area. When I went upstairs and walked into the room where they were giving talks, the panel looked at me as if I had interrupted a board meeting and there were a few fans dotted around the room, waiting in silence for it to start. It just felt cold. The talks may eventually have been great and really interesting but I did not wait around to find out. The highlight for me was meeting Carlos Ezquerra, what a nice guy and all the other artists and writers seemed to be making an effort and doing what they could for fans (so a thumbs up there). Also, I got a chance to play the new Judge Dredd game and I really don?t understand why they designed it as they have. Looking down the barrel of Judge Dredds gun was completely uninspired. Dredd is such a visual Character and the game is based on him, so why can?t we see him walking round Lara Croft style?

My remarks regarding recent progs were, perhaps, a little extreme, they are not so bad. I am just disappointed because up until prog 2004, they had not had a decent artist on Dredd for a long time. I believe that Dredd has kept 2000AD afloat through some lean times and so he is their main man and he should be treated as such. What I am saying, is, I am not a fan of Siku, his style is too basic. Also, apart from Dead Men Walking, other, recent strips have not lit my fire. I guess it?s just a matter of preference. I will keep my remarks to constructive criticism in the future.

As usual my thread has gone on too long but In response to a request by DavidXBrunt I will start a thread telling you about my likes and dislikes in the new year and I will also tell you a little bit about me. That way you will be able to see where I am coming from in future threads.

Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers - Tarantino