Main Menu

Ennis` Punisher Adoration Thread

Started by Floyd-the-k, 24 May, 2004, 11:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

I`ve just bought and read the two hardback books of the Ennis and (mostly) Dillon Punisher stories.
 If you liked Preacher you would almost certainly like these stories. Book one is especially brilliant. It just rips along with a good mixture of violence, action and humour.
 I said if you like Preacher - I don`t know if Ennis will ever do anything as good as that. Certainly a lot of the Preacher ideas return here - SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
- such as exploding, maniacal old ladies, ridiculously unlucky cops, annoying secondary characters, hatred of the French, Ireland.
   There is however, a brilliant comeuppance for Daredevil.
 Book 1 was so good I read it three times. I tried to read it whilst walking.
 Book 2 is not as good. The violent characters get sillier and the stories aren`t as focussed. It`s still well worth the price of admission.
  If I remember correctly, Punisher started life as an extra in Spiderman (who gets a good kicking in book 2).  I could be wrong about this but I remember him from my 70`s Marvel reading days.  Like Blade, he started small and wound up being cool.

Mr D

Nothing to do with that exactly, but a quick plug - Blade: Trinity out soon! Finishing the trilogy. Shaping up to be bloody GREAT looking.

Return to your Punisher adoration...