Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Aye Goaty, I picked up two 'blank' covers with the hope of some kindly (or paid) artist scribbling a nice The Walking Dredd  sketch on 'em.   :D
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Ok so I finished trades 24 and 25. Agree that the end of 24 was worth the build up (even though said build up could have been executed better). But 25 was terrible hand wringing tosh with dull preachy speeches alternating with trite personal exchanges. A page spent on a hug and "We'll get though this."; "I know we will". FFS.

It livens up when Rick sorts out the fellas attacking him goes to talk to his special advisor but really dull stuff.

Oh and I know the point is "WE are the walking dead" but there isn't a single walker (victims on poles aside) in volume 25. Not even in the background. Shameful.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

Wow, latest issue was very WTF. Brutal too. [spoiler]I can understand that happens but didn't expect his last words. Don't know what the next step! [/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Yeah that has got to be one of the best endings to a comic (n best as in unexpected)
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Aye, that was a corker out of left field.  The question now is WTF is Negan actually up to?  The guy is slippier than Nigel Farage in a Vaseline factory.

Proudhuff

Anyone else here still with TWD? That latest twist is a corker...
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Just picked the first part of the Whisperer War.  Slow burn start with a lot of setting up.  High levels of confidence so you just know what is going to happen in the short term.  Longer term?  Still not clear on what game Negan is playing.  Would be interested in the back story there.  Isn't it being printed in an anthology somewhere?  I vaguely remember reading it was happening but not sure where.

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 August, 2016, 01:53:00 PM
Anyone else here still with TWD? That latest twist is a corker...

Still reading it, but only in trades- so a bit behind.

The Negan back-story is being serialized in 'Image +' (a preview / catalogue magazine), 4 pages per month by Kirkman & Adlard.
I picked up the 1st issue, nothing special. No doubt it will be collected at some stage anyway...

Before the zombie apocalypse he was a [spoiler]high school teacher / coach[/spoiler].

Rately

I've the first three compendiums to start, so how many issues am i off of being up to date with the book?

Satanist

Yeah I still buy this and would say that with the Whisperer War and the always delightful Negan its stepped back up a gear.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 11 August, 2016, 03:26:28 PM
Yeah I still buy this and would say that with the Whisperer War and the always delightful Negan its stepped back up a gear.

definitely... so much has been built up and finely balanced on Rick's decisions over the last few issues and  it looks like it could be going tits up, what with [spoiler]Negan currently inside the tent pissing out [/spoiler]and the[spoiler] herd at the gates [/spoiler]... genuinely have no ideas how this will all play out  :o 

and given the recent readiness to dispose of cast members at the flick of a wrist anything could happen.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Started making my way through the first compendium which I got from a Humble Bundle. Have to say it started like an enjoyable page turner, no real quality but kept you going and interested. The second trade (I assume it would be) slows things down and seems to try to over more depth... It fails and just reads like a slow airport novel. Still the art is good and I'm determined to make a conserved effort with it... just wish I'd been more please try surprised.

Colin YNWA

So it does get better... kinda... but once the group arrive at the prison it turns back to an entertaining airport novel again. Good fun, far from good comics but very entertaining page turner up to the end of trade number 4.

Looking forward to next months installment trades 5-8.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: Rately on 11 August, 2016, 03:25:26 PM
I've the first three compendiums to start, so how many issues am i off of being up to date with the book?
Compendium 3 takes you to 144, 157 is the latest issue in the shops.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Rately

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 23 August, 2016, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: Rately on 11 August, 2016, 03:25:26 PM
Compendium 3 takes you to 144, 157 is the latest issue in the shops.

filippo

Thanks, Filippo.

Really looking forward to reading the three compendiums, and as the good Lady is off on a business trip in two weeks, i think i'll take the opportunity to finally get through them.