Main Menu

Weekly Shonen Jump Weekly update (hopefully)

Started by IronGraham, 05 November, 2013, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Wow! One Piece this week [spoiler]saw the regurn of Vivi and the Alabaster crew![/spoiler] Man, it really does feel like Oda is throwing everything into place ready for end game, [spoiler]Vivi[/spoiler] is the only strawhat to have left the crew of the course of the series, and yet, here she is!

Hawkmumbler

Oh hey, found a series of images in Facebook of Horikoshi at work, and early pages from an unpublished My Hero Academia one-shot has Uraraka's power not being anti-gravity, but Gigantisism, like Mt. Lady! She even had a costume like her! Just shows how much can change between cuts!

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

Well Daily Demon Diary came and went and...left no real impression what so ever. I guess some bits of it where kind of OK, but other bits where so Shounen cliche as to boarder on painful (oh look, the second chapter has KNICKERS LOL as a punch line, not seen that one before). I kind of liked the art though, you can tell the dude is new to the scheme and is practicing his talents, and I like the rough and readyness of it, even if it is a little early-2000's looking.

Over all, decidedly none plussed about it, we've had better Jump Starts (Straighten Up!, Kagamigami, Samon Summoner) so doub't this'll get in.

Hawkmumbler

Welp, considering it's now in writing I did some maths. tacking into account currently uncollected chapters, to end on volume 74 Bleach has only 5 chapters remaining. Looks like Jump got tired of Kubo coasting it and axed the strip. A very sad end to a once great series.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-03/bleach-manga-to-end-in-74th-volume/.103916

IronGraham

"The manga [/size]entered[/size] its final story arc in February 2012" - talk about streching it out wow well done just on keep getting that check

Hawkmumbler

'Catched glimps of My Hero Academia ch.100 final page by accident'

Oh god Horikoshi don't do this, your a better writer than this, let this be the set up for a joke fuckin' spoilers!

The Adventurer

Oh nooooooooooo!  This is way worse then I imagined!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

It's out of place for sure, let's hope it's a one off...or it gets lampshaded.

Hawkmumbler

I couldn't wait to see if...that, cliffhanger got resolved satisfactially so I gave into temptation and read the MHA 101 raws. Thank the gods I did, I never should have lost faith!

Hawkmumbler

OK OK, i'm only half way theough Chaoter one of Promised Neverland and i'm getting some very creepy, worry some vibes from this. In a good way, but still genuinly worrying.

EDIT: WTF I FUCKING NEW IT!!!

So yeah, this series might be kinda messed up but i'm strangely compelled by it, deffinetly the best Jump start we've had in years!

Hawkmumbler

Sooo....how are we supposed to read the Astra: Lost in Space manga exactly? The Viz Media website is impossible to navigate...

IronGraham

open the menu then click shonen jump and under the current issue are all the recent free chapters

Hawkmumbler

Hrrrmmm....Boys Over Flowers season 2 is showing up in that regard, but no Astra....I shall have to see if it's a problem with the app.