Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 April, 2016, 07:46:16 PM
Wolfenstein is worth the time then? Keep getting recommended it and it looks hilarious.

Yeah. The New Order (the 2014 game) is one of the best, most imaginative, FPSs I've played. It really goes to town on its alternative Nazi-controlled 1960s.

Old Blood is a stand alone expansion/ DLC set in 1946, before the Nazis win.

Strong recommendation from me
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Wolfenstein has one of my favourite game quotes...

"Dont fuck this up you magnificent cunt" spoken in a scottish accent  :D

Finished ep3 of Michonne last night and really enjoyed it. All in all its worth a punt and has quite a good story. And the music is really good.

Also reached the hidden area in Dark Souls 3 so looking forward to exploring that later on. I have to say I really appreciate the hidden areas FROM software put in their games. The one in Bloodborne is my favourite area of that game and they really remind me of older games secrets instead of the modern idea that extras should be paid for DLC.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 26 April, 2016, 02:00:51 PM
Finally helped my mate finish off the secret boss in Bloodborne DLC last night. Its taken us about a month.
Man I'm finding this well hard. 20 hours in and I've only beaten 3 bosses!

The other night I discovered a new area at the bottom of the secret tower attached to the Chapel and promptly got my brains sucked out by some squid-faced cunt.
We never really die.

Satanist

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 April, 2016, 01:13:59 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 26 April, 2016, 02:00:51 PM
Finally helped my mate finish off the secret boss in Bloodborne DLC last night. Its taken us about a month.
Man I'm finding this well hard. 20 hours in and I've only beaten 3 bosses!

The other night I discovered a new area at the bottom of the secret tower attached to the Chapel and promptly got my brains sucked out by some squid-faced cunt.

First run is certainly the toughest, I think I was approx 60 hours first playthrough, after that you can run through the game. When levelling up I would advise ignoring Arcane (the spells are pish) and to a lesser degree Bloodtinge. The others stats generally max out at about level 40 or 50. Also dont worry about your gun and try and concentrate on dodge & attack. This fits my style though as I'm playing Dark Souls without a shield.

On the lift to that tower do you know you can get off half way to find a hidden item? Theres a good few lifts you can do this with.

If ye ever need hauners give me a shout!

Satanist

Picked up Uncharted 4 at the weekend and one of the boys bought Ratchet and Clank, both for PS4.

They both look incredible but Ive only played UC4 so far. Played it for about 2.5 hours and its quite slow to get into. Lots of cut-scenes but reviews say it picks up soon enough.

I'm at the final boss in Darks Souls 3 so will give that a break soon before my 2nd playthrough.

I also picked up Mat Mania in the PSN sale and can confirm that even 25 years since I last played it the character Coca Savage is still racist  :( and still a cheating wanker  >:( !

JamesC

I'll be interested to see how you get on with Uncharted 4.
I read a worrying bit in a review which said there was lots of (knocking crates of ledges so your partner can climb up) which is mechanic Naughty Dog have been using to pad out their games since Uncharted 1 back in 2007.

Satanist

Yeah the Naughty Dog "puzzles" are usually of the push/pull variety I got bored of with Tomb Raider on PS1 and is easily the worst part of Last of Us. I'll let you know how it pans out as its supposed to open up a bit around chapter 8. I'm just at the start of chapter 5.

JamesC

Quote from: JamesC on 09 May, 2016, 01:37:14 PM
I'll be interested to see how you get on with Uncharted 4.
I read a worrying bit in a review which said there was lots of "knocking crates off ledges so your partner can climb up" which is a mechanic Naughty Dog have been using to pad out their games since Uncharted 1 back in 2007.

Fixed for terrible typos!

ThryllSeekyr

I think Battle-Fleet-Gothic a excellent argument for a similar b]Sky-Chariots[/b] game & the Space Marine faction sound almost as adorable mentally impaired as the Space-Orks when taunt any of the other three factions with....

We're the Imperial Navy

Each time I use that ability!

Satanist

At the half way mark in Uncharted 4 and can confirm I've encountered about 5 block "puzzles". I've also had 2 actual real puzzles which werent exactlly head scratchers but at least made me stop and think for a couple of minutes.

It looks great although I think best console graphics ever is pushing it, I'm sure SW Battlefront still holds that accolade. I've also encountered a couple of graphical glitches and my mate had it bug out so he couldnt pick up objects.

I'm enjoying the rest of the platform/shooty gameplay but then I've only played the first one years back so not sure if its just more of the same.

Multiplayer is all a bit meh though I didnt really like that in The Last of Us either.

I realise this all sounds a bit negative but I am enjoying it so far.

NapalmKev

DOOM! I've been playing on the highest available difficulty (Ultra-Violence) and it's a blast. Stunning graphics and relentless enemies. Highly recommended!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ThryllSeekyr

In between recorded games of Farcry Primal & while rating for my internet to reset back to it's highest latency again....I've also been playing The forest via Steam.

I know I talked about this one before & was quite obnoxious about the bashing of male and female mutant cannibals right after crawling out of the wreakage of a airliner whilst it's engines a failed as it flew over some undiscovered island inhabitated by these quasi- humans.

This time and as always I head for the beach to further out from where I egressed the broken fuselage (Minus the cockpit!) and build small camp right on the tip of peninsula to the right of the nearest bay which is itself to the right of the cliffs further out from the plane wreak.

Just a small fire to cook some of that what appears to be Goanna (So it's either alternative part of Australia or one of the island to the north of it!). At this stage of the game the funny looking inhabitants either vaguely male or female and some of them even more vaguely either sex, but minus their sex organs. These ones are completely naked, because they have nothing to hide and at one stage of the game I had come to the conclusion they were wearing skin tight suits for some reason. Yet, no, they're really been sexually deprived. While more the human looking ones where wear lion cloths, and other accessories. The high ranking ones, adorn them selves with severed limbs and other body parts. I have theory they're the Berzerkers, because they think they're carrying geriatrics of the tribes, quite possibly they're own parents or tribal elders. I'd be berzerk too if I had to carry my dead relatives all day.

They also fight better now, and will give you plenty of reason to just run or make for the nearest cave, hole in the ground, tree-platform or treehouse, or water. They won't follow you into caves, because of that glitch that doesn't allow them to spawn in the cave with you when you leave the outside zone behind you. I'm sure they going to try and fix that, and make it that much harder. I can imagine fighting off several of those primitives while poised at the bottle neck exit of a cave. It would also be interesting trying to stop a knife wielding savage from cutting the rope as you rapelling down from one of those hole in the ceiling caves. It doesn't look like they can swim and they don't follow you into any water that goes higher than my knee's. I'm okay with that. It would be all too much if they could swim after me and drag me under.

They have since been given some Boxing (Footwork, dancing from toe to toe!) and Ninja skills (Tiger rolls, flips, skittering around all fours.). They dodge sideways real quick and leap into your blind zone for a surprise blow to your unprotected back.

Still I managed to take down seven of them on my first day on that peninsula and then headed further inland for some exploration. The game now tends to remake each game with a standard map and fixed location for the plane crash. Yet, it's still surprisingly roughly the same map I started with when I began playing this game so long ago. They have extended the playing field further now. Beyond that river, that wide body of water in the low land further to the right of that bay if you keep heading in that direction. Where the game once gave warning that I have reached the farest point of that side. It just let me through and further up into the snowy regions that were getting more mountainous.  I tired to build there and while stuff is easier to locate on the snowy terrain. The cold weather drains you stamina until you build a fire and I died up while being chased by some monstrosity, like three bodies melded into one. It makes some horrifying bird like twittering noise. Only that it sounded really unnatural, even for a bird. 

I was able to craft Molotov-cocktails......

Continued later....   

CrazyFoxMachine

Playing a free-to-play tower defense troll game called One Troll Army and for a free to play it's astonishgly well put together but the rub came when I noticed there was an option to buy your troll outfits. Not a bad price for a big set of them and a pleasant way to support an indie and... oh...

DAMN YOU STALLONE.

:lol:

--> The game btw! http://store.steampowered.com/app/438680/

Satanist

Quote from: Satanist on 18 May, 2016, 12:22:13 PM
Multiplayer is all a bit meh though I didnt really like that in The Last of Us either.

...and after digging into the progression system and a bit of practice I'm now loving this and have totally ignored the main game for a week  :lol:

Grugz

xbox live are doing the "oddworld" bundle for £8.99 so I snapped it up...forgpt how much I loved the littefella abe and the sligs!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html