Main Menu

Ian Gibson / Dylan Teague pages for sale

Started by chris_askham, 18 May, 2016, 07:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Nice Robo Hunter page. For a host of reason always really loved 'Farewell my billions'.

maryanddavid

Two quality pages there Chris.
Teague, (Gary Leach too!) should be up there with Bolland Gibbons etc in popularity, fantastic artist.

With you on Farewell my Billions Colin, I was never a big fan of Sam, except for Verdus and Farewell my Billions, some really superb art by Gibson on the latter, fresh off Halo Jones book 3?

Banners

It's one of life's great tragedies (no exaggeration) that Dylan Teague has drawn so little for the House of Tharg.

Steve Green

It's a mystery to me - would love to see a colour strip from Dylan.

chris_askham

Yes love both these pieces. Would love to see more Teague in the prog also, beyond his colours on the Cliff Robinson covers. He draws a truly classic looking Dredd too.

Farewell My Billions holds fond memories for me too. Although I'd caught up to date with Sam's exploits via the 2000ad monthlies, this was my first weekly dose of Robo Hunter in the prog.

matty_ae

I'd encourage anyone who loves Dylan Teague's work to check out
Judge Dredd 'Meat' in Megazine#298.

Check out http://dylansdrawingboard.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/meat-page-9-process.html

It's astonishing and lovely in equal measures.

I think his draughtsmanship is on Bolland level if he got the right story...

SIP

Dylan is one of my absolute modern favourites. He's incredible.  Have spent hours looking at his sketch pad drawings, I think they are fantastic. I would love him to have a regular strip in the prog.

Dunk!

Quality Robo Hunter.

That's an intense hatched old Sam Slade portrait and love the negative space on the island rising up in the middle-of-nowhere.

Sorry, you need to sell.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Steve Green

Quote from: matty_ae on 19 May, 2016, 04:44:07 PM
I'd encourage anyone who loves Dylan Teague's work to check out
Judge Dredd 'Meat' in Megazine#298.

Check out http://dylansdrawingboard.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/meat-page-9-process.html

It's astonishing and lovely in equal measures.

I think his draughtsmanship is on Bolland level if he got the right story...

That's great - his work reminds me a little of Garry Leach (someone else who I wish had drawn more Dredd)

James Stacey

Dyl really is a fantastic artist. I assume his technique is quite time consuming hence the lack of regular strip work from Tharg?

matty_ae

not quite. we lost him to French BD.

of course we need to steal him back.