Main Menu

International Comics Expo (ICE) Birmingham Sept 2015

Started by hippynumber1, 11 August, 2014, 11:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

We'll be rolling the Massacre For Boys bandwagon into town for ICE.

(Although my plan for the day is hover around Steve Yeowell's table, just in case he's looking for someone to work with him on Zenith Phase V, and he picks random strangers as collaborators).

Spikes

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Good Lad.  :thumbsup:
And it's your turn to pay for the curry, as well. They do curries in Birmingham, don't they?

Dunk!

Surprise guest Leigh Gallagher just been confirmed for Sat.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Spikes

Nice one!
A few droids seem to have been added at the last minute. Ben Willsher's name is now on the list. Along with Steve Yeowell, whom I think was added only recently as well.
My 'take along and get signed' list grows longer by the day...

Bolt-01

The Mighty FQP stand will be there too!

Boasting the finest in small press comics- Zarjaz, Dogbreath, Something Wicked and of course FutureQuake itself.

I'll also have a very limited number of El Bigote comics as well- make sure you drop by, say hi and top yourself up with bootleg thrillpower!

Steve Green

I'll be nipping up, and will be bringing a few Stront props to show Carlos...

Chris Tresson

I'm at the workshop thing on Sunday but I'm having to skip the Saturday.
Make sure you go and see Bolt at the FQP table, though (And pick up Something Wicked 10 & FutureQuake 27 while you're there!)

Steve Green

Just got back - great con, well attended.

Great to see Skullmo, Spikes, Bolt and family, Dunk, and other droids and non-droids I chatted to.

Old Tankie

Comic con debut for the grandchildren they got close and personal with a predator!!!  Not sure if they met Dredd but they had a great time. 4 and 6 that's the age to get them!!!

Dunk!

Due to getting there late and various distractions I saw only a little of the Sat con, but here's to all the lovely folks, old and new, who made the social side great.

Sunday has been quieter, some sore heads, but educational + fun.

Here's to next year.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Spikes

A great long weekend all told. Got there just before dinner on the Friday and left late afternoon on the Sunday. I've never really done Brum before, but a very pleasant stay was had. A return visit will be worked out somehow, I think.

Nice to meet up again with familiar faces, and meet plenty of new.
Hippy, Skullmo, Smiffy, Steve Green - whom we pressed for any Strontium Dog titbits that could be revealed, Simon Belmont, Wake, and very briefly - Dunk! and Bolt in the Wellington(?). Hope I've missed nobody out?

Hippy being a local type, was our Saturday evening guide to various watering holes, and best of all - a curry house. Unfortunately he didn't drive us all around in his Millennium Falcon.

The con itself was pretty much all I wanted it to be. Plenty of droids in attendance. Disappointed that Ian Gibson was unable to attend, but Leigh Gallagher and Ben Willsher being late bookings (More Day of Chaos stuff to be signed!), more than compensated. 

(BTW; Did Dave Gibbons attend the Saturday as advertised, does anyone know? I hung around 'til about 5:30, and saw no sign of him.)

Got to meet 2000ad royalty in the form of Messrs Wagner and Ezquerra. And got a bunch of stuff signed, by them, and just about every other droid in attendance.
In my rush to either get packed, or to lighten my load - and thus not taking enough notice, I'd left out stuff for David Roach to sign, but more than made up for that by buying a page of art from him. As I did from Steve Yeowell. Well, I thought it would be rude not too..

Plenty of Judges doing the rounds, and all looking fantastic. A Swedish guy, and a German lass amongst them I think, so showing real dedication to the cause by travelling over. The talk was great, though I missed the first 15 minutes of it because of the labyrinth maze of corridors I had to walk down, and then back up again before I found the right corner it was being held in.

So yeah, a great weekend. Looking forward to any other 2000ad heavy cons popping up now that I've got the taste for it.

HdE

Really SUPER bummed that I couldn't make it this year, especially now that I know my buds Kris Cartr, Dan Harris and Jim Bampfield were there hawking Lou Scannon. I've lettered that for a while now, and due to a hilarious communication breakdown, I never realised they were going to be there!

Here's hoping a few boarders snagged copies. It makes me chuckle every time I get new pages to work on!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/