Main Menu

Meet Garth Ennis, Barry Kitson, Rob Williams & Brian K Vaughn

Started by matty_ae, 18 August, 2015, 03:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Barry Kitson replied to me saying he was very busy and would be back in touch when he had more time. So I think its just a case of another fab artist under deadline pressure.

He's a gent so be patient.

Dodsy

Steve Dillon has just been confirmed by the conventions Facebook and Twitter pages  :D
Twitter - @dodsy84

matty_ae

It's this weekend and I think they are putting together all the 2000ad artists together on a table
Cool.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

matty_ae

I got down there both days.

The convention took place in a huge marquee with over 35 top name guests.

You could walk around and see Barry Kitson drawing a beautiful Deathstroke just metres from Gene Ha, Dave Kendall, Alan Davis, Ben Oliver and many many more. I don't think you could get more big names in such an unlikely place (town + Rugby club!)

Brian K Vaughn was a huge pull as his talks took roughly a third of the crowd out to an adjacent room and both hour longs talks were really good and well hosted/compered.

So I thought this was a bit of a classic. One observation is that £30 for a sketch was probably the entry level for an established talent (right up to £200) so artists have rightfully figured out that they need to charge a bit more.
So all round really good. if this was your first con, then you've set the bar pretty high.