Main Menu

Nottingham Comic Con — Sat October 24th (PIMP!)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 15 October, 2015, 10:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Lots of info on this year's Nottingham Comic Con at their website but I'm here to pimp my lettering talk at this year's con!

Starts at 11:00 — about 45 minutes on lettering, the role of the letterer, and how the choices we make contribute to the tone of the book, the look of a series, and even affect the storytelling. Ten minute Q&A at the end.

Come along! I'm having nightmares about talking to an empty room!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Agh, I was all set to come to this gig, but the family have talked me into a weekend away instead (down by the beach, lots of peace & quiet and time to play 'Dead of winter'.

Jim- have a great time.

chris_askham

I was all set to come to this, but then inadvertently booked a speed awareness course for the same day and didn't realise until a week or so ago. Might still make it for the afternoon though.

Jim_Campbell

Looks like I am going to be talking to an empty room!

Dandontdare

I was all set to come to this and then found out some git was banging on about lettering...  ;)

(I wasn't actually planning to come at all, just couldn't resist!)

Jim_Campbell

Eek! Update: I'm starting the talk at 10:45 and not 11:00, as previously plugged.

Cheers

Jim

Hawkmumbler

Aaargh can't make it! But if you where to stream it i'm sure I could find time to watch it that way, even with a charge.

Jim_Campbell

Considering that I haven't had to give a presentation since I had a real job, that went OK. Small but appreciative audience. I may try to refine it and take it to another con.

Cheers!

Jim

Proudhuff

Glad it went well Jim, looking forward to the tour dates!
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Please do consider doing it at other cons, as it's something i'd be very much interested in seeing.