Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 January, 2017, 07:56:37 PM
No reason mentioned at the moment.

They've three small children to look after and a lot of work to do.

Fishwife gossip mystery solved.

COMMANDO FORCES

At least it's not bad news and only work and family related.

Bolt-01

Ah, that's a shame- Leah & John are great company.

Colin YNWA

Yeah its a shame. Mind with a line up like this you're always going to get one or two that drop out for whatever reason and its not as if we'll be short of other treats!

Man I'm getting excited about this. I've even booked the Monday after off work so I can recover from my anticipated thrillpower overload.

Steve Green

Yeah, goes with the territory I'm afraid - things happen.

Nobody's really said what they'd like to see there - hoping we get at least a draft schedule soon.

The Dredd panels have been pretty well covered at past cons - must be tricky coming up with new takes on it.

I'm not sure how likely it is - or has widespread appeal, but it would be interesting to see one of the 2000AD fans in film and TV talking about the prog, adapting stuff to film and tv.

Edgar Wright, Duncan Jones, Ben Wheatley, Johnny Vegas

Edgar's tweeted about doing Strontium Dog, Duncan has tweeted about wanting to do 2000AD stuff, Ben has Mick McMahon working on concepts and storyboards.

SuperSurfer

I'm hoping there aren't too many talks/events that I'm interested in happening concurrently.

Well, I hope there are lots of talks and events, but I don't want to miss out.

I'm wondering if people will be gathering for pre and post-event drinks. Might be tough for me to meet on the Friday seeing as I'll be at the event on my better half's birthday. 

Does mimikeke get the prize for travelling the longest distance to get to the anniversary event?

Steve Green

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a problem with the Lawgiver cons - overlapping talks that went on a bit.

The first one also had a big problem with the panels being in the same room as people hanging around, so you had chatting going on which was distracting.

It was better when they had a venue with separate rooms.

Colin YNWA

Yeah could love to see a schedule of events etc before so I could plan. Going to be interesting to see what's on AND try to fit in table visits for sketches etc.

Dream panel, but can't see it happening is a gathering of all ex-Thargs present... now that would be a discussion!

Steve Green

Molch-R

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 January, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
Yeah could love to see a schedule of events etc before so I could plan.

Fear not, the final polish is being applied to the schedule and attending Squaxx dek Thargo will get to see what delights are in store very soon!

Spikes

Quote from: Molch-R on 14 January, 2017, 06:06:23 PM

Fear not, the final polish is being applied to the schedule and attending Squaxx dek Thargo will get to see what delights are in store very soon!

Excellent.  :thumbsup:

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Spikes on 14 January, 2017, 06:43:40 PM

Excellent.  :thumbsup:
'Sobbing'

Colin YNWA

Oh that is fantastic news. I think I'm looking forward to this already, I strongly suspect I'll be beyond giddy by the time I have that in me mits!

Steve Green

Cool, looking forward to seeing what's on the schedule!

Mikey

I'm getting pretty excited too! It'll be my second ever comic event so I'm still very much new to whole idea. It'll be good to meet a few of you folks that I feel I've known for years, but I can get a bit anxious in groups sometimes so it's pot luck if I'll be in garrulous form or run and hide somewhere dark and quiet!

Trying to decide if there's anything I'd like signed I can bring...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.