Main Menu

Hi there

Started by xtramirez, 03 October, 2015, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtramirez

Well, hello. :wave: I 'm one of the old readers that were reading the 2000AD stories around the time they were published, not from the original UK magazine though but from its reprints in Greek comics. That 's right, a lot of British stuff from the '70s and '80s found its way to my country, not just 2000AD material but also stories from Tiger, Valiant, Lion, Tornado, Action, Eagle, Warlord, Wizard etc. In fact, I 'm conducting a small index for one of the main anthologies of the time and I'm hoping that some of you might be old enough to recognise some pages that I intend to post in a new thread. Not 2000AD stories though, that would be too easy...   :P  :thumbsup:

sheridan

I'll keep an eye out for that thread (I used to read Tiger and Eagle out of the comics you listed).  Tornado pages should be fairly easy as they're from the House of Tharg.

p.s. welcome to the board.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: xtramirez on 03 October, 2015, 08:27:43 PM
...I 'm one of the old readers that were reading the 2000AD stories around the time they were published, not from the original UK magazine though but from its reprints in Greek comics. That 's right, a lot of British stuff from the '70s and '80s found its way to my country...
Welcome xtramirez

Many moons ago I saw some Greek Dredd comics on holiday in a newsagent and I regret not buying some. I seem to recall they were American size reprints. Can't remember what Dredd was actually called.

In the reprints you would read was 'Judge Dredd' called 'Judge Dredd' in English, translated or transliterated?

I do have a few pocket sized Greek comic reprints. Not the glossiest of productions but they have a certain charm. A hotch-potch of stories such as Leopard from Lime Street from Buster and Benny Hill from Look-in.

I also have a old brilliant Greek Marvel reprint with some excellent lettering IMHO.

maryanddavid

Hey Xtramirez, I think you sent me some stuff a while back, I put it on FB, here,  https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics/photos/a.335130923265078.72609.327287150716122/744624968982336/?type=3&theater

looking forward to your thread!

xtramirez

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 05 October, 2015, 11:33:45 PM
Many moons ago I saw some Greek Dredd comics on holiday in a newsagent and I regret not buying some. I seem to recall they were American size reprints. Can't remember what Dredd was actually called.

In the reprints you would read was 'Judge Dredd' called 'Judge Dredd' in English, translated or transliterated?

I do have a few pocket sized Greek comic reprints. Not the glossiest of productions but they have a certain charm. A hotch-potch of stories such as Leopard from Lime Street from Buster and Benny Hill from Look-in.

I also have a old brilliant Greek Marvel reprint with some excellent lettering IMHO.

The title of the strip was pretty much the same. It used the greek word for judge (dikastis) and had the greek pronounciation of Dredd (Ntrent).

The comics you have with "Leopard from Lime str." strips are the "Blek" anthologies. Dredd was being published in "rival" publication "Agori" (Boy)...