Main Menu

Hi Everyone another new oldie returning to 2000ad

Started by Citi-Def_Joe, 06 October, 2015, 04:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi-Def_Joe

Hi everyone
I have started reading the weekly prog again after a gap of around 20 years....better late than never eh?
I picked up prog 1950 and have subsequently subbed, it feels like coming home!

My journey in all things Thrill powered started a terrifyingly 27 years ago when i was 10 years old with progs 560, 561 and 563 (reduced to 10p each in the local newsagents) I was a regular reader for around 4 years before i am ashamed to say being won over by the american comics of the early/mid 1990s (damn you Rob Liefeld and your muscles, ammo pouches and guns)  :-[.
By the late 90s I fell out of love with comics due to the constant "big events", and the sheer cost of collecting.

I have still picked up the occasional collection and even tried digital (just not the same as having the physical artwork for me) over the years but recently I started picking up more and more stuff from  Tharg's droids and have been blown away, then i started listening to the thrillcast and browsing this forum and here i am, back and loving the prog like i did all those years ago.

CrazyFoxMachine

DrJomster

Welcome back! There is one amazing back catalogue for you to work through! The current stuff is on fire too. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Citi-Def_Joe

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have a treasure trove of stuff to delve in to.
Over the last year i have enjoyed some collections of old favourites and that huge backlog of stuff i have missed.

I am mainly reading more recent stuff at the moment I am becoming a huge fan of Ian Edginton's work having picked up the gorgeous hardback edition of Brass Sun,  and was blown away by Leviathan.
The first volume of Slaine the Brutania Chronicles and Book of Scars were good to get reacquainted with and jump back in to Slaine's world.
As for ol' stoneface himself I have my work cut out, read some case files, PredatorVsJudgeDreddVsAliens was huge fun, The Dredd movie based stories in Dredd: Urban Warfare I found very accessible coming back, I also have a few copies of the mega collection to read through in hope they will help catch me up with the bigger storylines and whats happened in the big meg.

So yeah lots to go at, I can hear my bank account groaning as I look at the suggested reading lists on the forum  :)

Prodigal2

Nursejohn

Great to be back isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Prodigal2

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 06 October, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Hi everyone
I have started reading the weekly prog again after a gap of around 20 years....better late than never eh?
I picked up prog 1950 and have subsequently subbed, it feels like coming home!

My journey in all things Thrill powered started a terrifyingly 27 years ago when i was 10 years old with progs 560, 561 and 563 (reduced to 10p each in the local newsagents) I was a regular reader for around 4 years before i am ashamed to say being won over by the american comics of the early/mid 1990s (damn you Rob Liefeld and your muscles, ammo pouches and guns)  :-[.
By the late 90s I fell out of love with comics due to the constant "big events", and the sheer cost of collecting.

I have still picked up the occasional collection and even tried digital (just not the same as having the physical artwork for me) over the years but recently I started picking up more and more stuff from  Tharg's droids and have been blown away, then i started listening to the thrillcast and browsing this forum and here i am, back and loving the prog like i did all those years ago.

Scarily close to my own story mate to the point of wondering if you are me and I've lost it.

Welcome!!!