Main Menu

Hello, new user here!

Started by JLiswed, 17 December, 2015, 05:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLiswed

Hey everyone, new forum user and fan of 2000AD. I'm just getting into making comics and this seems like a great community with plenty of resources to learn from  :)

I originally came here looking for the old forums where some practice samples where released (these are all... gone?) but I'm hoping to uncover more.

Here's what I'm referring to (resized to 800px):

Note: I only did the lettering. Credits as follows: Writing by Gordon Rennie & Art by PJ Holden, more details embedded on page

If you guys know of any more practice pages I can work with (comic scripts, unlettered pages, etc.), please let me know!

Cheers

The Legendary Shark

I can't see that page properly on my 'phone, unfortunately. There are some top-notch letterers on this forum (eg. clintflickerlettering.blogspot.co.ke/?m=1 ) and plenty of small press masters (eg. Bolt-01 and Davey Candlish) who will probably encourage and help you. The small press is great for honing your craft so my advice would be to get involved that way.
Welcome!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JLiswed

Yes, Jim Campbell's site is actually where I got these samples and I'll be on the lookout for these guys for sure.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm excited to be here!