Main Menu

Cheap Thrills - the only January sale you'll want in 2012

Started by Emperor, 01 January, 2012, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Well at least now I know I will be getting my copy of Cabs Inc - Going Underground. I was worried that it was out of print and was accidently added to the sale.  :lol:

Does anyway know how long the sale is on for?

mygrimmbrother

Mine haven't arrived yet either - ordered last friday or saturday I think, so only been a week I guess. Will be patient.

Yeah, to echo Tim, does anyone know how long the sale is on for? Fancy ordering a few more but I'll have to wait a bit and see how stretched the finances are.

Dash Decent

The Meltdown Man GN is about 14 quid - so picking up the two Xtreme Editions that also reprint it for 50p each looks like a bargain. On the downside you can't put them on the shelf with the other GNs but you do get two colour covers by the talented Cliff R.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

SmallBlueThing

Cabbies volume one and sinidex volume five have arrived.
SBT

Trout

My stuff is here!

I'm very pleased, except Slaine's leg fell off. I don't recall that happening in the comic, even when really freaky artists drew him. I'll have to glue it, as I'm not going to all the bother of returning it. It's a bargain, anyway, and just for Max and I to play with.

Surprisingly, I've been struck by how the Slaine figure is pretty cool. I'd never realised - if I had, I'd have bought one years ago. It's possibly the best Slaine-related thing I've seen since Sky Chariots.  :)

- Trout

Dandontdare

My T shirt arrived last Thursday - ordered on the 2nd - not bad going!

Kerrin

Mardroid

My stuff came too. Enjoying the start of Nicholai Dante: The Great Game.

Quote from: King Trout on 09 January, 2012, 12:31:41 PM
Surprisingly, I've been struck by how the Slaine figure is pretty cool. I'd never realised - if I had, I'd have bought one years ago. It's possibly the best Slaine-related thing I've seen since Sky Chariots.  :)

Yeah, I thought it looked good too. (It's shame the female figures seem to have a white-face thing going on... although I suppose that's in character in Durham's case.) Think I might pick one up after all... although I'll admit I don't have a kid as an excuse. Maybe a Judge Death too... or should I think that too much?

See what I did there?

Um. Bye.

O Lucky Stevie!

Sure did Marsdroid. This:
Quote from: Mardroid on 09 January, 2012, 11:00:57 PM
(It's shame the female figures seem to have a white-face thing going on... although I suppose that's in character in Durham's case.) Think I might pick one up after all...

Stevie's just filled the Diamond-shaped gaps in his collection. Blimey, he will admit to being  taken a mite aback that increases in  postage to Auxtralia since last year's sale trebled the order total.

But at least  this way he's finally assure d of getting his welding gloves mitts on these kitties.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Gonk

Hi, I've been waiting almost a fortnight for stuff to be delivered. I'm getting a nervous twitch each morning when I see the postie walk past my frontdoor. Should I start to worry now? Or has this been a common experience, due to increased demand?
coming at a cinema near you soon

The Adventurer

Quote from: wonkychop on 15 January, 2012, 06:26:52 PM
Hi, I've been waiting almost a fortnight for stuff to be delivered. I'm getting a nervous twitch each morning when I see the postie walk past my frontdoor. Should I start to worry now? Or has this been a common experience, due to increased demand?
Where do you live?

I'll be on 2-weeks waiting tomorrow. But I live in the US, so some delay is to be expected.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: wonkychop on 15 January, 2012, 06:26:52 PM

I ordered on the 3rd of January so almost a fortnight for me now too. Im being patient though, honest. :angel:

AntonyCatton

I've also been waiting since the 2nd of Jan.patience wearing thin now but im sure everything will turn up eventually,can't wait as ive got loads of stuff coming.emailed customer services on Wednesday and they  sent a reply back saying the delay was due to a big back log of orders from the Xmas break but they're working on getting through the orders.since then a notice has gone up on the checkout of the shop.

DrJomster

Reassuring to see the comments explaining they're just overloaded! Glad to see business is doing well and more than happy to wait a bit. Some cracking books in this sale I have to say!  :thumbsup:
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Gonk

reassuring to see i'm not alone....i live in the U.K., Adventurer, and when i've ordered previously from the 2000ad onlinestore i had the items delivered in two days- so i'm not used to waiting this long for my 2000ad goodies!

Something else as well, i'd love to see an edition of "Return to Armageddon" released - what are the chances of that happening in the future??
coming at a cinema near you soon