Main Menu

The Daily ZARJAZ!

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Thanks to Lee & Scott for all the hard work and don't forget to watch for news of the latest Zarjaz!

Bolt-01

Thanks to Lee & Scott for all the hard work and don't forget to watch for news of the latest Zarjaz!

TordelBack

So why is that you guys can produce a compelling, authentic and crisply told Dredd story in three panel chunks in your spare time, and yet the professionals at IDW and DC before them can't seem to string two pages together?

This specific story isn't the most original concept, it doesn't have much scope for huge visual spectacle, but it works. I believe the characters (including Dredd), I understand the setting, I want to know what happens next (quite badly!). Ye make it look easy, and obviously it really isn't

Hawkmumbler

Ditto everything Master Tordelback said! What a terrific little tale, and I live the daily "newspaper" format!

Dandontdare

Yup, this is the best one yet. Big thanks to all involved

Bolt-01

Thanks for the kind words- I know how hard these guys work to get the strips done, so it's always good to get feedback.

Onwards:

Thanks to Lee & Scott for their hard work on this strip- we are in the final few days now, how will it finish?

Bolt-01

Thanks to Lee & Scott for their hard work on this strip- we are in the final few days now, how will it finish?

Bolt-01

Thanks to Lee & Scott for their work on this strip. Join us tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion to this latest adventure...

Bolt-01

And there we have it. Massive thanks to Lee & Scott for such a fun strip, and if you head over to The Zarjaz thread I'm about to post the details for the new comic!

Unitl next time- Remember, it isn't called Zarjaz for nothing!

Link Prime

Cheers for the Thrills, Bolt.

TordelBack

Really great wrap-up.  I always enjoy the Daily Zarjaz, and there have certainly been others I've enjoyed as much or even more, but this one didn't rely on any in-jokes (e.g. the excellent movie-uniformed jimp story) or fan-service gimmicks, it was just a straightforward Dredd story told with style and economy, and it could have graced any Prog. Well done, and thanks!

Greg M.

Quote from: Tordelback on 30 June, 2016, 10:28:37 AM
I always enjoy the Daily Zarjaz, and there have certainly been others I've enjoyed as much or even more, but this one didn't rely on any in-jokes (e.g. the excellent movie-uniformed jimp story) or fan-service gimmicks, it was just a straightforward Dredd story told with style and economy, and it could have graced any Prog.

Definitely one of the reasons I appreciated this tale - I'm not so into the 'nods and winks to the fans' type of story (if there were any, I didn't notice 'em) and enjoyed this as a solid little Dredd yarn.

Bolt-01

Greetings Humes!

To help ease the pain of the searing financial cost each of you flesh bags inflicts on yourself at this time of year we at team Zarjaz are going to be presenting a season of daily strips.

Starting today, join Lee Robson, along with Dunk! Nimmo, Bolt-01 and Scott Twells  every day till the new year.

First, we bring you:

Remember that over on The FQP Blog we have The Zarjaz Daily, where you can find all the older strips.

You really don't deserve this...

Bolt-01

Continuing the current strip by Lee Robson & Dunk Nimmo, join us tomorrow for part 03

Bolt-01

Continuing the current strip by Lee Robson & Dunk Nimmo, join us tomorrow for part 04..