Main Menu

Hi there

Started by colindean, 11 May, 2016, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colindean

Another long-term lurker here.

I was a regular reader of 2000AD back in the late 90s (I know, I know) until the expense and inconvenience of living on the other side of the world (New Zealand) took it's toll.  Various attempts to get back into the prog followed over the next few years; then, just after the Dredd movie came out, I found that the Megazine could be purchased digitally ... and I've been reading it ever since.

Long story short ... Tharg pulled another Doomsday Scenario on us, and I wanted to know what was going on in the prog.  So I've subscribed for the year (shakes fist at Tharg).

I'm not regretting it yet.

ZenArcade

Welcome to the forum of all things 2000AD Colin. Enjoy. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Minkyboy

Wotcha Bloke, good to have you aboard.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Dark Jimbo

Wow. I didn't honestly think there were people who bought the Megazine but not the prog - always assumed it had to be the other way around, if anything.
@jamesfeistdraws

Michael Knight

Hi there and welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie!

Colin YNWA

Arh another Colin, I know your pain.

Welcome back aboard - have fun catching up.

Heath C Ackley

Welcome aboard mate.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

colindean

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 May, 2016, 05:40:04 PM
Wow. I didn't honestly think there were people who bought the Megazine but not the prog - always assumed it had to be the other way around, if anything.

I was getting the Meg from Clickwheel to start off with, which was unbeatable value at the time: 130 pages of articles a strips for around 2 pounds.   It also helped that I hadn't read much of the content in the floppies. 

maryanddavid

Prodigal2

Rately

Welcome aboard, Colin!

SpongeJosh

colindean

Thank you again for the welcome.

Am currently catching up on the last three months of progs.  Having a ball.  :D

8-Ball

Welcome to the board. A finer bunch of chaps and chapesses you'll struggle to find.  :wave:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.