Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Urgh, Margate's a fuckin' dum...nah, did that elsewhere.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

jacob g

Thrill-power Overload book will be available during Anniversary convention? Becaouse if I should preorder now or jus wait for next mont.
margaritas ante porcos

Bolt-01

Ooh, now there's a good call. If there were any way that 'early' copies of trades released could be there, that would be great.

Bad City Blue

So where's the Friday night meet up/drinkathon?
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 January, 2017, 11:26:37 AM
We're sad to report that, due to ill health, Cam Kennedy will no longer be attending the 40th anniversary show. He says he is "gutted" he can't make it and we wish him a swift recovery.

that's a shame was looking forward to seeing him, hope things improve for you Cam.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 January, 2017, 04:22:38 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 09 January, 2017, 11:26:37 AM
We're sad to report that, due to ill health, Cam Kennedy will no longer be attending the 40th anniversary show. He says he is "gutted" he can't make it and we wish him a swift recovery.

that's a shame was looking forward to seeing him, hope things improve for you Cam.

I'm hoping his twin Ian will still be coming, he's bringing my book of Dredd with his Dredd added  :D
DDT did a job on me

sbelmont

and I get to pick up my commission from his twin Ian

mimikeke

I'll be bringing silly Sharpie sketch cards to the event if anyone wants one for free :) Nothing special, just for fun and to kill time on the plane over :)

These are just some examples I did before.  I'll try to accommodate requests too if anyone has any!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Satanist on 12 January, 2017, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 12 January, 2017, 03:14:01 PM
So where's the Friday night meet up/drinkathon?

Now we get to the serious business  ;)

Get on FB and find the Dredd Screening Drinking Club. They're organising a piss up in the Friday eve.  Not sure about the Sat eve yet though.

Bolt-01

Ooh, is there a screening as well? I'd be up for that- not watched the film for a while...

I'd look myself but I don't use Friendface...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 January, 2017, 09:18:12 AM
Ooh, is there a screening as well? I'd be up for that- not watched the film for a while...

I'd look myself but I don't use Friendface...

No screening this time that I'm aware of, just drinking.

shaolin_monkey

From the DSDC group on FB:

The 2000ad 40th anniversary bash is rapidly approaching and so a D.S.D.C. Evening is most definitely on the cards.

The D.S.D.C. 40th BASH will be held at the William Morris pub, which according to google maps is 7 minute walk (14 minute return stagger) from the Novotel Hotel, the location for the Con on Saturday.

7pm onwards is the official time but as 'Spoons do food (I can recommend the wings), I presume people may arrive earlier.

Look out for fellow Dredd/2000ad fans or people in Sexy D.S.D.C Tshirts.

As always "all are welcome"!

See you at the bar for "A Taste Of Justice". 👍🏻🍻

Pub details can be found HERE...https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-william-morris-hammersmith

All welcome! See you there!

PS - THIS IS ON THE FRIDAY!!!

Link Prime

Quote from: mimikeke on 13 January, 2017, 12:21:59 AM
I'll be bringing silly Sharpie sketch cards to the event if anyone wants one for free :) Nothing special, just for fun and to kill time on the plane over :)

These are just some examples I did before.  I'll try to accommodate requests too if anyone has any!

I'll take you up on that kind offer Mimikeke- Nemesis the Warlock please!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just seen this on Twitter...

QuoteJohn Reppion ‏@johnreppion
Very sad to say that @leahmoore and I can't make the @2000AD 40th Anniversary event in London next month now. Massive apologies.

No reason mentioned at the moment.