Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamrunner

+1 for the 'getting excited' pile here too - and I'm not really a con-goer either, especially to something specific (only a couple of larger comic-cons under my belt) despite being with 'tooth from the very start (yes, my house is also groaning under the weight, etc etc). Plus, will be rocking up on my own and not entirely sure what to expect.  So, I'll be the one who... er, no idea -  please say hello :-)
S.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 January, 2017, 06:07:47 PM
From the DSDC group on FB:

The 2000ad 40th anniversary bash is rapidly approaching and so a D.S.D.C. Evening is most definitely on the cards.

The D.S.D.C. 40th BASH will be held at the William Morris pub, which according to google maps is 7 minute walk (14 minute return stagger) from the Novotel Hotel, the location for the Con on Saturday.

7pm onwards is the official time but as 'Spoons do food (I can recommend the wings), I presume people may arrive earlier.

Look out for fellow Dredd/2000ad fans or people in Sexy D.S.D.C Tshirts.

As always "all are welcome"!

See you at the bar for "A Taste Of Justice". 👍🏻🍻

Pub details can be found HERE...https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-william-morris-hammersmith

All welcome! See you there!

PS - THIS IS ON THE FRIDAY!!!

The William Morris is cheap and cheerful...probably explains why it is kick-off central.

The Hop Poles across the road is good http://www.hoppoleshammersmith.co.uk/Venue.aspx.
Latymers, which is closer to the venue and away from the busy King street, is also nice http://www.latymershammersmith.co.uk

Molch-R

http://www.2000adonline.com/post/1285

One for attendees and those who didn't get tickets alike: Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill will launch their new crime novel alongside a brand new vintage Nemesis the Warlock print at Gosh Comics on Friday 10th February.

Hawkmumbler

Well that's bloody awesome for those attending.

In hindsight it's probably good I'm not going to meet Mr.Mills, I can see it turning nasty fast! :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: Mikey on 15 January, 2017, 01:04:04 PM
Trying to decide if there's anything I'd like signed I can bring...

I'm deciding that too Mikey- it's a tough call!
Think I'll just bring a large cardboard tube in case of artwork / print purchases and pick up everything I need at the event.

moly

Looking to buy a few items at the event is it only cash at the event, don't really want to be carrying a load of cash in London

sbelmont

Thanks Molch-R for the heads up, any view on when the polishing of the Event details will be complete?

Steve Green

Quote from: moly on 17 January, 2017, 07:52:18 PM
Looking to buy a few items at the event is it only cash at the event, don't really want to be carrying a load of cash in London

I imagine that will depend on the vendors - Dan at Planet Replicas has taken paypal as well as cash before, but don't think he has a card reader.

Artists will tend to be cash only.

moly

Steve Green

Mikey

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 January, 2017, 06:24:27 PM
Think I'll just bring a large cardboard tube in case of artwork / print purchases and pick up everything I need at the event.

That's a spiffing idea!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Molch-R

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 January, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
Dream panel, but can't see it happening is a gathering of all ex-Thargs present... now that would be a discussion!
As if by magic...

6:00 PM – 6:45 PM
EDITORS REUNITED: Matt Smith, Andy Diggle, Steve McManus & Richard Burton
Hosted by Matt Smith
From smashing deadlines to cajoling creators, they're the behind-the-scenes droids who make sure 2000 AD lands on time every week. For the first time these four iconic editors meet together on one panel to talk about their experience of being at the helm of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.
We never really die.

Steven Sterlacchini

Nice one! There are some superb guest combos on the panels.

I hope they're being recorded as there are a few months worth of Thrill-Cast content there.

Mikey

That's a helluva lineup - everything it should be!

SLÁINE THEMED BAR! Will we be drinking from brain balls?
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.