Main Menu

How do I delete my account?

Started by EddieHitler, 12 July, 2014, 01:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

I'd like to have the option if I wanted to. :)

Frank

What is it with folk leaving lately? Most people here (including myself) have been through more than one account, with the most common reason being forgetting your password. If you want to deny yourself the option of ever posting here again, just go into your profile, click on the field for changing your password, then close your eyes and mash the keyboard. Save that gibberish as your new password, log out, and you'll be unable to get back into your account.

If you want to erase any trace of your presence on the board for some reason, I don't think even the mods can do that. Previous posts by forum members who have subsequently been banned are all still up there for everyone to see. Your recent posting history shows a concern for how others might receive your comments, and I'd advise you not to bother about such irrelevances - it's only the internet. If you're still desperate to escape your history, just register another account from a new email address and reinvent yourself as the person you wish you'd been all along.

Richmond Clements

You don't. You could do as Sauchie suggests or simply stop posting.

Professor Bear

A method you could try is to change your account/profile name to the most offensive and disgusting terms humanly possible and use the foulest pictures you can find for your avatar, then let wiping that stuff off the forum be the mods' problem.

If you're worried about how other board users see you, just keep posting pictures of kittens until they dominate your post history and everyone forgets whatever naughty thing you once said.  Or just keep posting about how you're voting UKIP or like reading the Daily Mail - about a week of that and everyone on the board will have you on Ignore and won't see your posts ever again, which to all intents and purposes is as good as erasing you Stalin-style from the history of the board.

Fungus

ThryllSeekyr

Sarcasm....you can't ...your stuck with it forever  :lol: