Main Menu

Thanks Michael Carroll! You're a legend

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 26 June, 2016, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I was working in Dublin yesterday morning, planning on travelling to the Hay (literature) Festival in my home town of Kells at some point in the afternoon.

Then my brother (who is a former squaxx and was home for the festival) called me to ask if I was going to the 'talk about Judge Dredd' (I've had computer and internet problems lately so knew nothing about it).

I downed tools and drove the living fuck out of my scooter to Kells, arriving only about 5 minutes late.

There was none other than Mr Carroll doing the talk and it was absolutely brilliant. Not only did he give a really interesting talk about the Genesis of Dredd leading up to his own involvement in the strip, but he also delivered it in a charming, funny and eloquent way.  Even my brother's girlfriend, with no real prog knowledge behind her, loved the event.

As a person who isn't hugely interested in the conventions and the like (sorry, I know it's a minority position around here) it was a rare treat for me, and I was amazed to discover the good droid in question knew exactly who I was as soon as he saw me - I suppose I must have posted more selfies here than I realised.

Thanks again, Mike, you're awesome.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

Michael's lovely, always a pleasure to hear him chat about stuff.

pauljholden

I don't like him. And he owes me a tenner.

-pj

maryanddavid

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 26 June, 2016, 11:12:42 PM

That fucker Logan still owes me a fiver, and I'm clearly never getting that back!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 June, 2016, 11:30:19 PM

That fucker Logan still owes me a fiver, and I'm clearly never getting that back!

:o

But also  :lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 June, 2016, 08:06:44 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 June, 2016, 11:30:19 PM

:o

But also  :lol:

It's what he would have wanted.

Stiffing Campbell for a fiver, I mean.

JayzusB.Christ

Stiffing doesn't get stiffer than that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 June, 2016, 07:01:25 PM

I was amazed to discover the good droid in question knew exactly who I was as soon as he saw me - I suppose I must have posted more selfies here than I realised.

You mean that's not you on your avatar?  :o
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 June, 2016, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 June, 2016, 07:01:25 PM

I was amazed to discover the good droid in question knew exactly who I was as soon as he saw me - I suppose I must have posted more selfies here than I realised.

You mean that's not you on your avatar?  :o
No, the person in his avatar... is... the.. Leurgh!

JayzusB.Christ