Main Menu

Chunky Comics Reader Question

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 28 June, 2016, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Hi team

Silly question but then I am very daft. If I put some comics on iCloud and then download them onto the Chunky app will they take up 'space' on the iPad memory or is it still located in the cloud storage. Please don't judge me. Thank you.

Jim_Campbell

They're on your iPad (so you can read them offline if necessary) — it's a synch, so they download to a local folder, as far as I can tell. Be aware that the synch works backwards as well, so if you delete them from your iPad, they'll go from iCloud and be unavailable to other computers/devices.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rio De Fideldo

Ok so I assume it's not going to give me more space then. Is the main benefit the convenience of just loading the files on iCloud and being able to access them when you want?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard T Field on 28 June, 2016, 07:47:32 PM
Ok so I assume it's not going to give me more space then. Is the main benefit the convenience of just loading the files on iCloud and being able to access them when you want?

Dunno. I manage my digital comics from my desktop machine, and occasionally read them there, too, so it's handy to have them in a shared location.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

The primary benefit of iCloud storage is cross-device access and back-up. But with Chunky, I just dump stuff to local storage from my Mac's shared folder that houses my digital comics. (This feature requires the three-quid IAP unlock, note.)

Rio De Fideldo

thanks for the swift response guys