Main Menu

MEG 373 : STATE OF THE UNION

Started by Buttonman, 11 June, 2016, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

Hope the feature articles not at a end, they are what set the Meg apart from 2000ad, creator interviews, past and present, history of comics and 2000ad, Dredd movie making, what  ever, I always find them more then interesting and not filler, if I have a gripe creator owned section is too long by a third if your not in to the story, other then that love the Meg, is like a summer special every month, really look forward to it!

More American Reaper please, it rocks!

Proudhuff

Cover: Took me a minute...daa

Dredd:  Texas are up to no good! The south will rise again huh? Not if Joe and Rico have anything to do with it. That CJ reminds me of Hilary...

Blunt: Enjoying this, but I sometimes think some darker hues in that palette   would add depth

Realm Of The Damned: Up till now, I've been a bit meh, but its fine if over long at times

Lawless: So its all tie-in, hmmmm, still say there's a H&S issue with that ponytail, not to mention  nights in to wash it  ;)

Text Tale:  I don't do Dark Judges, they all were encased in my world and have never returned lalalalala can't hear you

Dredd again: Nothing wrong with seeing the UK from another perspective Butt'man however you're right about this tale  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Richard

That Dark Judges text story was brilliant. It could have won the competition -- a difficult decision for Matt, no doubt. Give it a go.

ZenArcade

The Meg has thankfully been more hit than miss this month. Loved the satire. Henry Flint as ever rules. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Timothy

I've not read Insurrection but have loved Lawless from the start. How much of a big deal am I missing here? Is the story better for the reveal or are they two very different stories now linked by a character.

Colin YNWA

The Meg on solid form with the exception of Helm of the Chinny Goo Jaw or whatever its called. My heart sank as I turned (swiped) to it and to be frank I barely read it I had so little interest. By contrast Lawless is flawless.

Two beautiful Dredds both with absolute eye appeal and one good addtion to the ongoing storyline in the Prog and another felt like it was pleasently from an older time.

Blunt is beginning to shape into a bit of a winner so.

Curiously I did miss the text variety with only a decent story set around characters I have no interest in. Seems l like the balance it normally has. Mind since the replacement is a Taylor + Edington Dredd seems silly to moan!

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Buttonman on 11 June, 2016, 11:47:05 AM

Excellent Dreddlines with three long letters, one great, but sadly no Editor comments.

Good job after the kicking you got last time...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

ZenArcade

Insurrection wasn't bad. It had wonderful Warhammeresque artwork and an engaging plot. Mind you conceptually the idea of massive forces of Spacemarine SJS Judges was a bit hard to believe considering the Biggish Meg is in Judge shortage crises mode every time Joe Dredd or some other law bod takes 2 minutes off duty to go for a leak! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

jannerboyuk

Those covers are great but I can imagine a brief glance at them on a newsagents stand, they kinda look like a fascist magazine...Brazil provides a slightly different context I would suggest to how we perceive those grim Dredd visages.

Jim_Campbell

TBH, I have no issue with the whole 'space empire' thing.

It seems entirely plausible to me that MC-1 exerts little or no influence over a wide-ranging confederation of off-world populations, whose authorities retain judge-like regalia and power structures for historic and/or pragmatic reasons but feel little or no allegiance to the authority which founded them. A lot like the post-Empire constituents of the British Empire, for example.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

jannerboyuk

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 25 June, 2016, 01:11:38 PM
Those covers are great but I can imagine a brief glance at them on a newsagents stand, they kinda look like a fascist magazine...Brazil provides a slightly different context I would suggest to how we perceive those grim Dredd visages.

Doh! Wrong thread

Southstreeter

Having missed a bit of previous Lawless, how big a shock was the Freely reveal? As someone stated in a previous post, I gather it has been hinted at, but for me it was a real WTF moment!

A.Cow

Quote from: Southstreeter on 27 June, 2016, 07:48:49 PM
Having missed a bit of previous Lawless, how big a shock was the Freely reveal? As someone stated in a previous post, I gather it has been hinted at, but for me it was a real WTF moment!

I must admit to being completely clueless ... I'd forgotten every character from Insurrection, so the reveal didn't mean a thing to me.  Thankfully, the writing on Lawless is good enough that it reads well, without needing to understand that particular aspect.