Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on Today at 07:47:34 am »
And prively he caughte hire by the queynte
- Chaucer in the Canterbury Tales.

Hippy, you're going to get yourself banned, young man
Welcome to the board / Re: Hello!
« Last post by Smith on Today at 06:20:09 am »
Welcome.
How is your game coming along?
Games / Re: 2000ad mods for existing games?
« Last post by Professor Bear on Today at 01:17:22 am »
If you want to roleplay as a judge on the Long Walk, the Nexus has your back.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62044/
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 12:56:40 am »
Yeah, I stood up and got kicked down. I don't think that's what governments are for, to kick down the people they claim to serve, do you? And no, I don't want to see the world burn, and I don't think you do either. You want to make a world burn, you allow governments to bomb whichever countries they please for whatever excuses they present and help them by paying for the bombs.

By standing up I lost my home, my family, my community, my reputation and my possessions - but I kept my self-respect and tamed my black dog (for the most part). Maybe I'm a bad person for doing so, that's not for me to decide, but I don't think so. But I'm not bowing to these f*ckers any more - I'll die first. I don't take any benefits or hand-outs from them, because that all comes from taxes and taxation is theft. I don't want to live off money stolen off you for me by state thugs and say, with a shrug, "well, that's wrong but it's okay." I'll beg first, which at least gives the person I'm begging from the option to refuse or accept as they decide for themselves. As long as I'm capable of working, that's what I'll do to earn my food and shelter. When I'm too old to work, I'll beg or bin-dive, but I absolutely will not turn to those criminals for help.

Call me mad if you want. Mad, loopy, insane, stupid, daft. Maybe I am but, at least, I don't bow to a bunch of people I disagree with and despise just because they might throw me a few crumbs when the going gets tough - crumbs stolen from your plate. Nor am I trying to change the world, I have neither the power nor the right to even try, the only world I have the right or power to change is my own - and that's all I want or need. All those respectable politicians and civil servants and police and council workers, all those fat cats on corporate welfare and subsidies and tariffs are living off money stolen from you, whether you like it or not, but me? I'm not costing you a penny - and I'm entertaining to boot! :D
« Last post by Goaty on Today at 12:25:21 am »
Sorry I got enough, you said many times about governments that and it for last few years, cos if I recall cos you kicked out of the place and homeless? What is to solve all the shit or you want the world to burning?
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 12:19:06 am »
The 0.1% put the choice before us, this or that, one thing or the other. No shades, no nuance, no other options. In or out. That's not a choice, it's a recipe for disaster, a formula for division. And it worked beautifully - it's kept us divided and at one another's throats, too busy accusing each other and arguing to even think about better, freer, more productive options. Freedom of choice is not freedom.

And once again, don't confuse organisation with government. Not having organisation is bad, not having a government - well, that's not so bad, especially when it's made up of the most egregious elements of society. You want to give your government the power to coerce, order, punish and regulate? Fine - give it those powers over artificial "people," corporations and the like, not individual human beings. So long as a human being is causing loss, harm or damage to nobody then what the f*ck right does anyone, or any thing, have to interfere? What right does anyone have, for example, to cause Indigo Prime and his family such misery? If it was his neighbours treating him in this way, or his family, or some random bunch of strangers, we'd all be up in arms but, because it's something called "government," we all shrug and say it's wrong but okay. And that's true of every stupid, callous or greedy thing any government does - it's wrong but okay. Well, it can't be both, can it? Governments need only the same rights and powers as the rest of us. Period.

So yeah, you want a government to organise nationwide projects and services? Well that's all fine and dandy and even I'll sign on for that - but the instant it forces one person to act against their own will or conscience, I'm out.
« Last post by Mister Pops on Today at 12:01:25 am »
We can take the path the lunatic 0.1% tell us to take and walk it as they instruct or we can find the better ways ourselves. I'm all for ignoring them when they're wrong and finding the better ways. We don't need these idiots to tell us what's good or bad for us, and that doesn't just apply to the people in this country.

Are you still talking about brexit? That path was chosen by a grat deal more than 0.1%, lunatic or otherwise. How that path is navigated however...I'll grant you that.

And when you say this country, you really mean England don't you? The prime minister has shown little regard for Northern Ireland. She didn't bother to meet with our government before triggering Article 50.

Fair enough, we don't have a government at the minute, and ye want to know something Shark? Not having a government isn't a good thing.
Games / Re: Long live the Sega Megadrive!
« Last post by radiator on Today at 12:01:12 am »
The Dredd game was probably his best outing ever with the producers obviously caring for the subject with Chopper graffiti and sky surfers appearing.

ISTR that one of the developers of the 16-bit Dredd game once had a letter published in 2000ad or the Meg, saying he became a massive fan of the character while doing research for the game, and though the game was originally just supposed to cover the storyline of the Stallone movie, he personally pushed to include a load of extra levels featuring loads of things from the comics - skysurfers, the Dark Judges etc etc.
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2017, 11:40:39 pm »
Jim, your victim complex is showing.

So, only pretending to ignore me, then. Thought so.

Good talk, I enjoyed that. How she felt when she left her church (Westboro) particularly resonated with how I felt when I left mine (Statism). Her four elements for useful debate are also very cool and level-headed. In fact, she's convinced me to take Jim off ignore.

... want to take that back, Jim?

Tordels, it's not the path, it's how we walk it. We can take the path the lunatic 0.1% tell us to take and walk it as they instruct or we can find the better ways ourselves. I'm all for ignoring them when they're wrong and finding the better ways. We don't need these idiots to tell us what's good or bad for us, and that doesn't just apply to the people in this country.
Welcome to the board / Re: Hello!
« Last post by Judge-Wolf on 29 March, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
Hello all I'm new to the forum!

Huge Dredd fan, hope to get to know you all better and have a fun time here.

I'm kinda working on my own judge dredd inspired top-down city builder game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10