Main Menu

New Poll: Should "Father Figure", Paul Glasswells pitchfest winning Dredd story, see print?

Started by 2000AD Online, 04 October, 2004, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

No, it is a bit much for actual publication.
But it certain deserves to be on this site in an official place as the winner of the pitchfest.
It's a good story but I think John Wagner is right.

paulvonscott

"The Sperm of Satanus!"

I'm afraid my usual prudery prevents me from condoning any of this stuff.  I can just imagine Hershey repeating Wagner's comment.

Max Kon

i think it just needs a little toning down

Tiplodocus

Thanks for all your kind words regarding this.

I'm going to script it up and send it in to Tharg's representatives on Earth but if there's no joy, I dare say it may find a home in some independent fan publication.  

I always knew a Dredd tale (especially this one) was very unlikely to get anywhere near the comic but I can genuinely say - it was the taking part that counted - I enjoyed doing the pitch regardless of what happens to the tale.

However, I should point out that a lot of people seem to be under the misaprehension that Dredd is "milked" while in the sleep machines.  I should have been clearer - the cleaner just cleans up "genetic samples" when the Judges leave to go back on patrol.

(Oh and yeah, "On what charge?" is the final line - very chuffed I was when I thought of that - took the rest of the day off)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Art

Hmm... maybe just vague references to "genetic samples" rather than "ejaculations" and "sounk" (which id not really used in america in either sense, anyway) and swabs rather than big test-tubes of milky fluid would help?

Devons Daddy

BLOODY BRILLANT

the sad and twisted mind of a boarder. made me laugh then i heard the punch line as noted by Uncle umpty. bloody brillant.

come on. in the megazine as a special segment.
bloody funny and worth every moment.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!