Main Menu

303 by Garth Ennis

Started by Proudhuff, 08 October, 2004, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Not really a review but a recommendation:

Avatar comics has brought out a comic entitled: 303.

By Garth Ellis and Jacen Burrows.

Really nicely done, Post-Soviet Russian soldiers as human beings shock!!

lots in here for you gun nuts ( you know who you are) to discuss: arc trajectories, Heckler and Koch PSG ones, Dragunovs and the title 303 of course.

Only one slight problem, the sheer number of big chins had me thinking of old Stoney face himself.

It starts with a quote from Kilping and ends

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
!
!
!
and ends with a stand off between the SAS and the Spetsnaz.

Made me think, once again, how many empires have come to grief or finally overreached themselves in Afganistan? Not just the British and Soviets but soon the yanks and possibly going back to Alexander the Great ( not sure about that last one)

And to anyone in Edinburgh area, Deadhead Comics in Candlemaker Row seem to be getting their act together finally, volume of stock has increased and it doesn't smell anymore!

Huff
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

http://www.avatarpress.com/303/303pre.jpg">
DDT did a job on me

Art

The Heckler and Koch PSG should be making a guest appearance as a futuristic space rifle in a future prog, gun fans!

Does Deadhead Comics still smell of wet cardboard and sick?

longmanshort

Nice one Huff, looks nice - shall check it out!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Proudhuff

Art, nope, it does smell at all now!
heres a line for 303.

Link: http://www.avatarpress.com/303/" target="_blank">Garth speaks!!

DDT did a job on me

Buddy

Which one is the Irish character??

Proudhuff

Spoiler?

I have a sneeky feeling it will be the large SAS man with red whiskers !

Definately not on the Former Sov team, thats them getting a kicking on the picture above...

Huffsta

DDT did a job on me

Trout

I was worrid Deadhead had been a casualty of the Great Fire in the old town a couple of years ago.

Glad to hear it's still going.

I bought my From Hell collected edition there, so it must have something going for it.

- Trout

Marbles

Yeh I enjoyed 303 (thanks again dcp guys!). Garth back on top form. Simple but effective art too.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Floyd-the-k

it looks good.

"and the champions who do battle for their nations in the dark and secret places no one ever goes"
- except them, of course.

I remember he had one character wax lyrical about the lee enfield 303 in Preacher

thanks for that Proudhuff