Main Menu

At the minute....I'm watching....

Started by WoD, 01 November, 2004, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

The Sopranos - ends this week and it's been great.

Carnivale - different and engaging - ends in two weeks I think.

SG1 and SG atlantis - not sure why at the minute - SG1 has its moments, but Atlantis is lacking.

Deadzone - series 3 (?) and it's still pretty good.

Simpsons - new episodes on SKY1

King of the Hill - new episodes on what ever channel Carnivale is on - consistently good, but why do they write Peggy as such a loser.

Green Wing - Well I like it.

QI, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 2 of these have had me in stiches so far for these runs.  The other one is Have I Got News For You which is OK.

And the new River Cottage program.

Anyone else catching any of the above?  If so, what do you think?  And not that I have the time to watch these, but does anyone else have any recommendations?

I watch too much TV.

House of Usher

I hardly watch any television at all these days. I've been watching Green Wing, which I find very absorbing. And I saw the second part of this series of Little Britain, which wasn't very funny, but was still compelling enough just as an unfunny freak show. That's about it, really.
STRIKE !!!

Jared Katooie

The Sopranos - Meh. This was alright but I found it too hard to keep track of.

Carnivale - ?

SG1 and SG atlantis - SG1 isn't great but it's watchable. See above fro Atlantis.

Deadzone - ? I wish I had satellite..

Simpsons - And on terrestrial. Wooh!

King of the Hill - I LOVE this show. The humour is clever perfectly timed and unpredictable. I havent ever seen a bad episode.

Green Wing - You strange, strange man. ;)

QI, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind the Buzzcocks - QI is very good. HIGNFY is good too (I dont live in the same country and I still fnd it pretty funny which isn't bad). As for NMTB... I hate Mark Lamarr!

And the new River Cottage program - Uh... ?

I also reccomend the new teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon. It's super!

Pyroxian

Yep, the new TMNT is great. Follows the plot of the comics more closely too.

I'm about to start re-watching Deadwood after missing 2 episodes whilst on Holiday.

Has anyone been watching the new Galactica? It's really quite good.

Trying to watch Hex, but keep missing it due to various reasons. What I've seen of it seems OK, but not great.

Steve

Conexus

Monkey Dust -Dark, satirical, and funny.

Byron Virgo

Sopranos - finally they had another dream sequence: it's like watching Twin Peaks all over again.

Arrested Development - best new comedy on television, and there's 22 episodes!

The Bernie Mac Show - should be crap, but Bernie Mac's just too good.

The Power of Nightmares - confirms everything I ever thought.

Magic - great little series dealing with the growth and evolution of individual aspects of magic.

Dudley

Monkey Dust - based on the first episode - is bloody brilliant!  I wish I had a tenth of the talent of the writing team.

Dan Kelly

On normal telly...  Umm... Wait a minute... Oh yeah.  Have I got News for You and Jules Holland (if I'm in), Top Gear and Scrapheap Challenge.

On Satellite.  New Battlestar Galactica, Long Way Round, SG1, Atlantis and Deadwood (JBO1's recommendation)

Elsewhere, I have just watched the Farscape Miniseries.  Which Rocked.

Dan

Quirkafleeg

Stuff I actually watch:
The Sopranos
The documentary series on boxing, the Nightmares doc (both excellent), the documentary series on magic

Background noise
Richard and Judy (of course!)
Neigbours, Doctors at the mo (I have no shame... )
The ITV show where they have two families of fatties who compete to loose weight and win a holiday... I've become shamelessly addicted after last weeks' episodes feature the familty that had previously been on wifeswap ("You're as bad as 'itler!") ended up in a punch up
News/Newsnight
Lots of other stuff

Conexus

The power of nightmares as well- much the same thoughts as Byron

Bolt-01

The only thing on TV I watch conciously is Deadwood. Superb stuff.

Bolt-01

House of Usher

Oh yes, The Power of Nightmares. I'm watching that too.
STRIKE !!!

Martin Jameson

Deadwood is excellent - gripping stuff but shame Hickock had to die so soon. Brilliant trial.

Hex is sort of ok.

Same for Galactica and Atlantis.

Bico

Unfortunately, I have sky while my dad doesn't, which means I have to tape stuff that I watch, alongside other complete and utter tripe that I'd normally avoid like the plague.
The new Battlestar Galactica would be great if it wasn't based on a complete 70's cheesefest - it probably could support a fanbase on it's own merits, so why it needs the BSG nametag to highlight the gender tokenism, lazy plotting and unimaginative story-arc is beyond me.
Power of Nightmares is great, but depressing when you consider that no-one who really *needs* to be watching it will actually be watching it.
Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis are pretty much identical shows, except SG1 is just more familiar to sci-fi telly watchers - they're just fluff, but watchable enough.
Enterprise continues the grand tradition of Star Trek spin-offs that steadily head up their own arse with each incarnation, and it's a genuine shock to think that one of the criticisms that can be levelled at it is that it isn't as good as Voyager.
The Shield - pure class, but prone to cheesy dialogue.
Dead Zone - better than it should be, but not as dark as it likes to think it is.
Samurai Jack - top stuff.
The Batman - utterly shit Batman cartoon show which takes the 'Spiderman Unlimited' route of reinventing Batman and all his enemies - as ninja warriors.  Penguin having a kung fu fight with Batman and nearly beating him is just the beginning of the crapness.
Justice League Unlimited - I like it, but if you buy into Pat Mills' idea of superheroes as some fascist allegory, this won't change your mind.
Mind you, I wouldn't trust MY opinion of good television.  I was gutted when they cancelled Sunset Beach, AND I watch Mile High.  Telly that KNOWS it's shit is better than telly that's shit just because it doesn't even try, IMHO.

Bico