Main Menu

At the minute....I'm watching....

Started by WoD, 01 November, 2004, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VampiraJen

the ariel of my telly is busted, and everyone else is hogging the remote for digital.  so i really haven't watched much telly at all for about a year now.  which is good.  i'm sick of enjoying tv shows and then have them cancelled on me.  i just watch dvd's now, and bond with mr playstation.

gavzilla

Usher - I really liked Smoking Room when it was on BBC3. Maybe takes a couple of eps to get into it though. Good solid stuff.

Conexus

the ariel of my telly is busted, ... so i really haven't watched much telly at all for about a year now

Tv arials aren't that expensive

Bolt-01

Mostly I'm watching my big ol' behind. As I've got a new manager and he's copped my doing my pencil monkey bit whilst I'm supposed to be working.

Bolt-01

Natsan

The only things I've been making an effort to watch are The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,Battlestar Galactica and The Power of Nightmares.

Oh yeah,and Most Haunted.I always end up with the living room to myself when I watch that as everyone else goes off in disgust.

BBC News 24 is often on in the background if I'm doing something else.

In regards to The Power of Nightmares-one of my friends works for the BBC and he says that it will be aired at some point in the US.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

petemaskreplica

Never mind Iran or North Korea, looks like it'll be air strikes on Wood Lane, then ;)

Marbles

Himilaya, Britains Natural History, Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica & loads of old 'Discovery' Channel 'Battlefields'.

I don't have satellite, but a good friend of mine [kof] gets the last 3 via the wonder that is eMule.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

House of Usher

I see there's a second series of 'Peep Show'. Did anyone else watch the first episode on Channel Four on Friday night? Magic. Cringeworthy magic. I haven't laughed so hard since I read Prog 1415 the night before.
STRIKE !!!

Floyd-the-k

Rio Bravo (on DVD)

Abaranger; a power rangers rip off. I would never watch this, were my son not addicted to it. It does have some nice allegorical villains, a lot like some of Ultraman`s. My favourite is the shrine monster. He disguises himself as a small shinto shrine, with a marker pen and little wooden plaques in a box. As soon as someone writes what they want on one of the placques, hangs it on the shrine and prays for it (which is what people do) he turns into shrine monster and grants their wish in an evil way (robbing a bank to give one woman money, picking up the man who wanted to travel and flinging him screaming into the distance)
Some drama about a hostess bar in Ginza...will the woman in the expensive kimono triumph over the evil banker or will she have to....?
Bob the builder, of course

yours sometimes wishing he`d had kids before the invention of video players

Bico

I quite like Abaranger, actually, Floyd.  it's turned up over here as 'Power Rangers Dino Thunder', but the original is better... er, if you like that kind of thing.  But shouldn't Roy be into Dekaranger by now?

(thinks of Jasmine and rubs his knees suggestively)

Queen Firey-Bou

mmm tv very rarely...

But ive just watched "freddie got fingered", and laughed my F*cking A*s off, tho i missed the first bits with the horse...ewwww !

"cheeeeeese helmet, with my Cheeeeese helmet !!"
"daddy would you like some sausages"

some bits are surreal genius, some were "no way !thats too f*cked up !", some cheeeeeesy shit. funny man funny.

i sense the dysfunctional family jargon repotoire will have explanded.
cheeese sandwiches will never be the same.

House of Usher

Just watched the film 'Bridget Jones's Diary' on Channel 4. I really enjoyed it. I haven't laughed so hard since I watched 'Peep Show' last night.
STRIKE !!!

VampiraJen

Just watched the film 'Bridget Jones's Diary' on Channel 4.

read the book?  it might not be a guys thing, but as a not very girly girl, i was genuinly surprised to find that i not only enjoyed it and find it funny, i read it all in one sitting.

Conexus

watched the film 'Bridget Jones's Diary' on Channel 4. I really enjoyed it.

Yep, suprised me too