Main Menu

Subscribing and free gifts

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 December, 2004, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Where's the actual online form for subscribing? I can never find it. .
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Wake

Quote from: "the shutdown man"Where's the actual online form for subscribing? I can never find it. .

I'm afraid that the online form currently isn't, so you will need to telephone (01621) 87 72 50 or email mailto:shop@2000adonline.com">shop@2000adonline.com to subscribe.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Wake"I'm afraid that the online form currently isn't, so you will need to telephone (01621) 87 72 50 or email mailto:shop@2000adonline.com">shop@2000adonline.com to subscribe.

Grand so, thanks.

the shutdown man

I tried emailing the shop a few days ago and I haven't got a reply. Is the phone the only way to do it?

I know it sounds cheap, but the phone is an international call for me... :)

Judge MANSON

Hi guys at Megacity One!

How can I subscribe online to the 200AD and Judge Dredd Megazine comics?
The sales email address is not valid... And my spoken English is not very good (sorry!)...

Thanks for all Citizens!
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

coastguardjackuk

Just to hopefully put the record straight, I subscribed to 2000ad and the Meg a few days ago and had a lengthy chat with the subscriptions bot and was told catergorically this. Obviously when you first subscribe you get the free gift, But you do not automatically get the current free gift each year on your anniversary. Sometimes Tharg may send out the latest free gift to some readers upon their anniversary at random, as a gesture of goodwill but you do not automatically receive the current free gift each year when your anniversary comes by. The only way to guarantee you get the free gift each year is to let your first year expire then pay for your next year in advance up front for £100 or whatever it is or just pay upfront every year for the whole year anyway.  Perhaps I should see if Tharg wants me to go to the pound shop in Walton-on-the-Naze where I live and buy up their entire stock of Dredd baseball caps (trust me they have drokking loads) and the green one can give them away to everyone ! Peace out earthlets !
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

WoD

You often (as in every year for the last few years) get a letter from the Sub Dept asking if you'd like to renew and qualify for the free-gift...and then you get it.  Well...got the rest, just waiting on my mug now.

Proudhuff

Quote from: "WoD"You often (as in every year for the last few years) get a letter from the Sub Dept asking if you'd like to renew and qualify for the free-gift...and then you get it.  Well...got the rest, just waiting on my mug now.

Same here... never had probs and Denise the Subs driod is always very very helpful, but does she get a Block named after her? a mention in Damage report? a free thank you trip to a convention?

She should be carried around the command module at shoulder height and Huzzah-ed 3 times by the mighty one and the art/script driods!
DDT did a job on me

WoD

Denise is great and very helpful.  Surely she's had something named after in the prog?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Denise has been helpful to me, too. I was a bit sore about not getting a free gift each year with a direct debit, but fair dos - I can cancel at any time.

I'm a tad peeved, though, at the long (unannounced, unexplained) delay in the mugs, though.
Lock up your spoons!

the shutdown man

What time does the hotline stay open until? I've just tried ringing it and I got no answer.

Dammit, you don't make this easy..... :)

WoD