Main Menu

1420: Non-subscriber's reviw thread

Started by Bico, 08 January, 2005, 02:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

'I'm a subsrciber (now) but I didn't get my Prog till late. Which thread should I go on? Maybe we should have a third thread for subbies who don't get there's till late.'

I think it's more for latecomers than anything else - all opinions are welcome.

Tanky

Sounds like a plan. I've already posted my tuppence worth on the other thread this week due to getting my prog earlier than most, but i'll join. I usually pick mine up thursday evening, so if there's no thread by then, i'll make one and see what happens.
--:)

Max Kon

I got my prog on thurs. Only read the P14 so far. It was good, hope the rest of the prog is when I read it in several days time.

wrighty47

Cover: It was okay (in a positive way). A little similar to previous but yeah.. okay!

Droid Life: very funny

Dredd: Excellent. I like both story and art. The aftermath of Total War has the potential to be more interesting than the actual story.

Second City Blues: Better than part 1. Shows promise this time round.

Slaine: Great art and finally movement storywise away from a battle that seems to have been raging for the last 2 years.

Cabs inc: Oozes class! Art and story alike. Best Britsh strip in quite some time.

Dante: Hmmmm. Dante by numbers for me. Still average Dante is better than a lot of stuff.

A solid 8/10 for me.

Alan! - who's hoping to be on the subscribers list next week!

Oddboy

I realise now I didn't actually reveiw the prog on the other thread anyway.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Lord Running Clam

Are we going to do a non-subscriber's megazine thread as well?

The Amstor Computer

Might as well - especially as some readers don't pick up the Meg until it's been out for a week or so.

UZI 4U

Hi all, been away for a few days so only just got my prog. Here goes then:
Cover- not bad at all, strangely I liked the back cover more than the front.
Dredd- OK, decent art but we'll have to see how the plot unfolds with this one. Must say though I'm greatly missing humour in the dreddverse lately.
SCB- This should have gone the same way as the rest of the christmas turkeys. Don't like future sports stories in general and don't like crap art. The last panel in this looks like it was lifted from Bunty for girls- I mean it look for yourselves!
Slaine- nice art, usual plodding story.
Cabs- (dons flameproof underwear) Look! The emperor is wearing no clothes! I know this strip is popular with most folk on here but I'm buggered if I know why. Pretentious and up its own arse as usual. The artwork leaves me cold too. If you want to learn how to draw in b&w then have a look at some 80's progs for gods sake.
Dante- art OK nothing much else happening this prog.
Overall- if I was a first time reader I probably wouldn't buy a second prog. Hope things improve soon.
Regards Jim.

Queen Firey-Bou

hurrah for the late thread, i sub, but don't get a mo to read comic for ages, megs can sit over a month ... & then i feast, yummie !

loved the brashill art dredd story, beautifully told.

liking second city blues so far, shall get bored when they start the bloody futuresport malarkie.

dante rocks, brought all those bits together & jolted my memory, eeek what will he do ?

slaine, love the art work, but feel the need to peer at it for aeons & unpick the details & then start nit picking, like why is the flesh all dull, why can't it be shiney with blood & greasy sweat & glisten like the lovely treasures ? the writting irritates, todays theory, is that maybe if pat set it up as some future sci-fantasy place, it wouldnt rankle, maybe its the celtic past pretence that gets me on klunk alert. " oh look the goddess is a psycho hell bitch who plays games with the witless muscle man " sigh.

this cabbalistics story intrests me so far. i love the art, why is jenny weakened ? mm. time of the month deary ?