Main Menu

Skin

Started by Will I. Cooling, 13 January, 2005, 11:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Whereas Krusty comes from Milton Keynes, and has thus never met anybody of any significance.

Max Kon

when IO had hair and before I got my chin people used to say I looked like Hugh Grant. Glad I don't now.

Krustabi

Yeah, great one, now you'll NEVER pull Julia Roberts. Or Andie McDowell. Or Martine Mc Cutcheon. Or Sandra Bullock. On second thoughts...

Max Kon

Yeah, like I want to look like the world worst actor

Floyd-the-k

Interesting review Will. I'll look out for this book. I've had no contact whatsoever with skinhead culture (unless chatting with Max counts) so can't comment on the accuracy.
  This adds to my desire to have an English language manga kissa (comics cafe) one day, since access to one is the only thing that could allow me to read Skin and a lot of other comics.
    Thanks for the kind words re my column! No more hand-wringing.
    I just missed out on Thalidomide. A little known fact about it is that doctors families had a high percentage of the birth defects. This is because new drugs are pimped to doctors famies first and they get all the free samples. Thalidomide was for making birth more comfortable and my mother has a friend, a fellow doctor's wife, who was urging her to take it when I was on the way. She didn't because she's a pharmacist and has a strong  aversion to unneccesary drug taking.

Max Kon

Whayy!! for your mother Floyd.

I think chatting over the net should count (other wise I've had no contact either, except i am skinning my best friend so maybe that should count)

Jared Katooie

"i am skinning my best friend"

You're not supposed to tell people about it Max. Thats how you get caught!

Floyd-the-k

since Max only became a skin to avoid being sexually harrassed by Julia Roberts, Andie McDowelll,Martine Mc Cutcheon and Sandra Bullock, does he count as a real skin?

Max Kon

yeah yeah. I know. I did see that joke coming. I did mean I'm turning him into a skin head

Cereus

Did you know that John Wagner used to be a skinhead in his younger days?

"The skinhead, I quite liked that and intend to do it again sometime. It?s interesting, seeing the top of your head and you save a helluva lot of money on shampoo. At the time I was about 18 stone and heavy boots were my footwear of preference. I looked a bit like Buster Bloodvessel without Buster?s genial nature. People used to cross to the other side of the street when I came along."

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/jw_interview.htm" target="_blank">Interview (at the bottom):

Will I. Cooling

I remember reading that Cereus, remember he's not called "The Beast" for nothing.

Glad you liked it Floyd and congrats on your lucky escape.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.