Main Menu

New Poll: What type of artwork would you like to see in 2000ad?

Started by 2000AD Online, 25 September, 2005, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

JTurner

Given that the art (should) be linked to the story, if the art in tooth was to change then so would pretty much everything else. Seeing as tooth stories are a pretty varied bunch, it would be unwise to focus on one dominant style.

Floyd-the-k

I'd like to see more Siku. Apart from that, I wouldn't change a thing.

yours undemandingly

opaque

Sometimes I think some strips are coloured for the sake of it.

VampiraJen

you and me both, floyd.

i rather like his dredd

SIP

I'm a long time reader who started out with the 3 colour pages a week.
So my vote is for more black and white.  I just love that stuff, and in my opinion all the greatest artwork to appear to date in 2000AD was the black and white work of the 1980's.

Mr C

Another vote for Black and White here. Mind you, it really should be by Belardinelli, Talbot, O'Neil, Gibson, Gibbons, Ezquerra, Dillon and McCarthy. All in the same prog. With free stickers. And a poster. Oh and some inedible sweets on the front that cause ?200 worth of damage to the molars. Next week if possible, cheers Tharg.

Sigh, a man can dream, a man can dream.

SIP

Of course, I meant 2 colour pages.....four if you count the cover/pin-ups.

Buddy

I just want good art in the comic.

Don't care if it's B&W or colour.

Conexus

Uhh, if it was all black and white, what would the talented Chris Blythe do?

SIP

He could colour the centre-spread!

Just look at something like sky chariots, Judge Death Lives, Block Mania (the McMahon episodes), Glenn Fabry Slaine, Bryan Talbot Nemesis (Gothic Empire), Bisley ABC Warriors  - all fantastic B&W - all would be diminished in colour.

Perhaps nowadays there is too much pressure to throw colour at everything.

Smiley

Just wandering off into style issues for a mo but I do miss finer detailed B&W art, especially when it's done entirely with brush to make it glossier (gloss and fine detail still say "futuretastic" to me) and would like to see that make an occasional return. If only to offset the fashionable B&W styles where it's either black slabs tethered in acres of space (bored with Mignola, basically), white splodges on black or just a grey letratone quarry that's been dynamited. There's also that superclean B&W where the spaces are so even everything may as well be an outline. Maybe that can be blamed on picking up and placing lines rather than drawing them, I dunno.

Back on-topic and the balance between colour and B&W is okay, has been for years now IMHO. The colouring's attractive and the B&W breaks it up a bit. Would like less CGI and photo sources, and more fully painted would be okay since current print quality means the days of mud are dead. Oh, and more centrespreads, natch.

Trout

I like B&W, but - I suspect - mainly because I tend to like the styles of certain artists who prefer it.

I'd be happy, though, with two black and white strips a week.

- Trout

psycho_slaughterman

i would lie to see strips more in my style(massive hint hint).

I like the more realistic style than some of the cartoony stuff, it's ok for some but not all of them, for example bec & kawl good, dredd bad

House of Usher

I would like to see a greater variety of colour used. Just lately we've had Dredd, Breathing Space and Leatherjack using a limited colour palette to create a sense of terrible foreboding.

This isn't offset much by Savage in black and white. What I'd like is to have no more than two gritty atmospheric strips that look as if none of the characters know where the light switch is, one black and white, and maybe two strips in riotous colour, like Atavar, Slaine and Robo-Hunter were.
STRIKE !!!