Main Menu

More Dreddcon Requests

Started by Tarantino, 29 September, 2005, 02:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I was planning on going to this years Dreddcon but due to family committments cannot make it. There were a few questions that I wanted answers to and would be grateful if other boarders could submit these questions and feedback on the board. If anybody else cannot make it and also has questions, why not post them here. I'll be back on Monday to see if there are any answers.

Here are the questions.

(1) When is Nikolai Dante coming back?
(2) Will they be commissioning Simon Fraser to do anymore Dante? I know he would like to and I'm sure we all want to see him back. He is the definitive Dante artist after all.
(3) I know it's early days yet but any updates on the Button Man movie?
(4) I saw the comics/to film thread on this board and that news story is over 12 months old. Is there any news on the Silvio Astarita/I Am The Law Productions Judge Dredd movie. i.e have they finished the script yet?
(5) Why should'nt you eat yellow snow?

I will look forward to seeing what you guys can find out.

Many thanks - Tarantino

petemaskreplica

well, there's some intersting posers there, I'm happy to put some or all of them to Tharg should I get the chance, but here's my provisional guess as to the answers:

1) soonish, I'd guess.
2) Mr Fraser's most recent postings on this board make it pretty clear that for various reasons he's almost certainly not going to be drawing Dante in the foreseeable future.
3) I suspect this a question for John Wagner rather than Tharg, but I'd imagine in the wake of the generally positive response to HoV that it's promising.
4) I suspect the answer's "oh, god, please don't mention that" but this is potentially the most interesting question to ask, so I'll definitely be posing that one if I get a chance.
5) because Frank says so.

Floyd-the-k

can I play too?

(1) Can we have some more Siku art please?
(2) If I organised a Melbourne Dreddcon, would anyone come?
(3) How about bringing back the Balls Brothers, Canon Fodder, Witchworld, Carver Hale........
(4) Thanks for all the nice progs

Funt Solo

(1) How about bringing back the Balls Brothers, Canon Fodder and Carver Hale, but only in the form of single-page one-offs in which we see how the characters die (forever, with no chance of resurrection).

(2) What are the sales figures for 2K and the Meg?

(3) Why don't we get Star Pin-Ups (or their equivalent) anymore?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

WoD

1. Isn't it time for a return for Big Dave?
2. Hints on the new talent that will be showcasing in the 'New Talent' issue at the end of the year.
3. How Tharg goes about getting the 'balance' of a prog right, or is it plain old luck...recently it's been spot on in my opinion.

judge dreddd

I am going to say 'are you doing to publish more stories from disralei coz his art is like totally awesome mate'

House of Usher

I don't think Tharg does try for 'balance'. When it happens, it seems to be pure blind luck. Just look at how miserable recent Progs have been, as a result of running Mandroid, Leatherjack and Breathing Space at the same time, with Savage hardly providing light relief.

Furthermore, the Megazine has a long and honorable history of running up to three strips simultaneously that do exactly the same thing.

I don't have any questions for Tharg, as there's nothing in particular I want to know.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Oh alright then, I'll play.

1) What does Judge Dredd's face look like under his helmet?

2) Do Judge Dredd, Bill Savage and Nemesis The Warlock exist in the same time-line?

3) How come technology in Judge Dredd's world is so inconsistent? Sometimes people are seen reading newspapers, but other times they use recorded electronic 'slugs' that must played using a bulky hand-held device. Sometimes teleportation is new, experimental and unreliable, but other times there's a teleport booth on every corner and no-one has to go by zoom any more. Are your writers just making stuff up as they go along?
STRIKE !!!

WoD

Um...I meant balance, just before the very last week or two, when there was still some light relief...

Funt Solo

Hey, it's me, Tharg!  I've used my alien powers to take over the mind of this scrotnig earthlet and will now answer HOUs questions:

1) Very pale.

2) Judge Dredd and Bill Savage do.  As for Nemesis, the answer is both yes and no.  Yes, because Satanus turns up in a Nemesis story.  No, because the ABC Warriors turn up in Nemesis but their early history in Ro-Busters tends to clash horribly with the JD timeline.  If pressed I'll use three excuses to get out of this:

i. Quaggem blag! It doesn't matter you thrill-sucker infested zrag-lover!
ii. Dimensional rifts.
iii. The writers were just making stuff up as they went along.

3) Choose any one of i, ii & iii in 2), above.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

House of Usher

Cheers Tharg! Thanks for answering my questions so quickly and so satisfactorily. I never doubted you!

;-)
STRIKE !!!

The Monarch

Just one question if someone could ask it i would be grateful as i cannot attend

1 will canon fodder ever be reprinted in an e e edition or heh get a pin up profile painted by chris weston in an christmas prog

Woolly

Heres one...

Whens Luke Kirby coming back? And StarScans? And Ron Smith?

And how about a 'Scream' Extreme Edition? It could reprint all of Monster in one go, including the Eagle episodes (for example)

Woolly

'Heres one...'

Of course, when i say 'one' i really mean 'two'...

Duh...

The Amstor Computer

How about:

Now that it's been confirmed that Massimo Belardinelli is still alive and working, would you consider commissioning something new - a cover, StarScan or even a short story - from him?

and;

What steps - if any - are being taken by Rebellion to negotiate a settlement to the Zenith dispute?

and;

While the quality of the collections published by Rebellion and Rebellion/DC was generally very high, and the material reprinted was generally well-received, there seemed to be ongoing problems with distribution and promotion.

Do you accept that? If so, do you think that this has been addressed for the "new wave" of Rebellion-only books starting in October?

and finally:

While both the weekly comic and the Megazine are both very professionally produced, well-written and illustrated, there is sometimes a feeling that they have lost the anarchic, try-anything approach that characterised early 2000AD.

Do you think that this is inevitable in a comic that has been around as long as 2000AD? Or is it perhaps that the pressures of a shrinking editorial staff and a smaller comic market force the comic into tried & tested approaches?

----

Don't know if any of those are of any use - or if Tharg would answer them! - but they're questions I'd be interested in hearing the replies to.