Main Menu

Dreddcon VI News Thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 01 October, 2005, 05:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

The Colin McNeil next project certainly is exciting - and made Captain Skank damn near have an orgasm when he heard it - and will be enough to get me buying the Meg again i reckon.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

DavidXBrunt

Oooh, that's probably not the one I meant but it's bloody exciting just the same. The one I was referring to...well...it's a confirmation of a rumour.

Mangamax

Oh, be enigmatic then. Guess we'll have to wait for the sketch
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Scottiepunk

Bollocks! And all I could think to ask him for was a Slaine!!!!!!

Let's have a look at it then Bolt.

Dudley

Main news I heard was that Alan Barnes has resigned.

Dudley

The Amstor Computer

Dud --

I really hope you're taking the piss...

SimonC

"I tried to film the arm wrestles, but it was all black on my camera "

Thank God for that...I was thrashed. I must publicly acknowledge that ( mis-quoting Stan Lee, somewhat ) 'Jock is the strongest one there is!'. My arms are still aching today. Rob Williams, though...pah! Lightweight! :-)

Thanks to everyone who chatted, asked for a sketch and was generally splendid company during the day.

SimonC

Queen Firey-Bou

phew...again..glad i wasnae there, would have been compelled to demonstrate my superior wo-mannly macho crapo wrestling technique.. which means getting thrashed everytime & squeeeling like the puny girl i deny being.

will you teases' give us proper news & stop with the smug rumour mungererereing?

Bart Oliver

A very pleasant weekend all told.

Genuinely surprised by the low turnout for Shed. However it meant most everyone who entered the raffle went away with multiple prizes ;D Finally caught up with an old art school friend I met briefly two years ago at Dreddcon 4. (if yer reading this Paul- good luck with those scores) Even when the opportunity to meet other boarders presented itself, I still found myself getting boozy with the usual suspects. Over all too soon.

A combination of too much alcohol and very little sleep led to a few instances on the Saturday where I made heavy weather of the simplest of social interactions. Apologies.

Well done Gary for winning Pitchfest. Max's "Banana Love" entry has to be heard to be believed!

Thanks to Logan for the Halo Jones GN. Thanks to Rufus for the page of Henry's Shakara- a unique anniversary present Mary is very pleased with and special thanks to LMS and his parents for giving us a place to stay at such short notice late Saturday night, when a hundred or so miles to Leeds was just too far to drive safely.

SOH hint in the sketch room taken with good grace ;)

Cheers, Ol

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Rob1971

'Rob Williams, though...pah! Lightweight! :-) '

I resent that. I also resent getting thrashed the way I did... twice.

Cue a year of intensive right arm only weight work ready for the rematch.

But I have so litte time to sculp my guns...

Actually, screw panels, sketchings and signings. Next year just do a knock-out creator arm-wrestling tournament throughout the day.

The breakdancing episode was the very bizarre highlight, led by the glorious funk shapes of Boo 'Al Swearengen' Cook. Did anyone else see Dom Reardon do a head-spring on the dancefloor, or was that the alcohol?

Rob

jock

feel my might, williams!!! my guns now have 'deep burns....'
dom did indeed so a head spring too. he has hidden skillz.

good to see everyone! cheers to all who waited too long in my queue whilst i deliberated over drawings, a big thanks to rebellion for looking after us, and a massive thankyou to rufus for the page from carlos.

also, i slept with al ewing. never forget that.
jock

Al_Ewing

This macho arm-based foolery is nonsense compared to the dance throwdown that almost destroyed Oxford with the force of a nuclear bomb.

(Also, Dom-2 is some kind of martial arts master or something. He can do 'things beyond your puny imagination' allegedly.)
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Max Kon

the funniest part was when we lef thte club and Dom was 'good bye you all, i love you all' and then Jock came back to the group to say the cabby wouldn't take them. hahaha, ahh, you had to be there i supose

Bolt-01

Scottie: Keep an eye on the sketch thread...

Bolt-01