Main Menu

Dreddcon VI News Thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 01 October, 2005, 05:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

oh oh, what about that time the guy who was angry at losing a pound in the fruit machine asked Al Ewing, John Spelling and me to go back into the club and trash it? hahaha

Al_Ewing

"I'm not being funny, mate, but you and me, we've got long hair, and people with long hair are a bit special and different, aren't they, like not part of the herd? Now come on, let's maim us a bouncer etc."
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Max Kon

he also said 'people with short hair are all the same! hay look police, i'm gonna slap them!' and ran off towards them.

Dan Kelly

A great weekend - thanks to everyone I met, especially thinky, JEB and LMS for the floor space Friday night.

Genuinly sorry to have missed out on the club on Saturday but I jest wasn't in that frame of mind.  As it was I missed my bus by two minutes getting lost within the Eurobar and had to pay a tenner rather than wait an hour.  Arm wrestling sounded fun.

Max as certainly got a great pitch technique, if he can couple that with a real script he'll blow everyone away ;) Unless Frazer was recording the pitch to use in lieu of a Script that is...

Oh and Colins extrememly cheap art has gone down a storm back home.  So that's another plus.

See y'all in Brighton...

Dan

petemaskreplica

Top weekend, with my non-booze related highlight being Bryan Talbot's excellent talk. Much drink-related tomfoolery, and the great Alan/Simon debate will surely rage for many years to come. For some reason I kept bumping into Dom in toilets, I'm sure this was a totally innocent coincidence though.

Rumour has it there was a bit of a pagga at the afternoon panel, which I missed cos I was queuing for sketches. Did anyone see this and can they elaborate?

longmanshort

Dud --

I really hope you're taking the piss...

Not according to about half a dozen different sources at the event ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

The Amstor Computer

Well, that's a damn shame.

Alan Barnes has helmed the Meg through a real renaissance, and put it in a position where it is now the best it's been since it first launched. If he does leave, he'll be leaving the Meg in a fine position, but it'll still be sad to see him go.

Not quite the news I'd hoped for!

paulvonscott

Well, as far as being a Meg reader goes, it would be a shame if true.  It's gone from a magazine that I really didn't have any interest in, to a must have handy companion to 2000AD.

Anyway, if it is true, best of luck to him.

Matt Timson

"...thinky, JEB and LMS for the floor space Friday night"

You could've slept on my face and I doubt I'd have noticed...
Pffft...

Bico

Quirkafleeg

Great to meet some new people as well as chatting to old friends.

Highlights

Best rumour evah goes to the Simon Spurrier one... his reaction to it when I told him back to him was priceless...

Oh and I now look on Molcher in a completely different light given the relevations regarding his reading tastes... who would have thunk it.

The Talbot talk and doing my best not to gush when I was talking to him in the bar.

Outing Viggo as a ponce for having a cig case.

Insulting Jock ... then gushing.

The two nutters in the pub.

Frazier's insight into things I don't think I can really discuss in public

Hang on... no fight this year?

Quirkafleeg

Oh and seeing History of Violence with Art on Sunday (recommended)

paulvonscott

I'm sure I read you won the pitchfest gary, is this so?  

If it is, well done, for beating Art in the number of stories drawn, 3-2, 3-2, 3-2... 3...2...

Heh, sorry.

Robo-K33F

Big thank you to all of you guys and girls who came down to Dredd Con on Saturday - especially Logan who helped out all day long.

Robo K33F

DavidXBrunt

Okay enough hints...Colin MacNiels next projuct to be published is going to Shimura (coming very soon) but the one I was hinting at is...Fiends of the Eastern Front with David Bishop.