Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I remember seeing his Frankenstein pages for the first time and being blown away.

Zarjazzer

Bernie Wrightson and Chuck Berry both gone. More giants dead. What a world... :( :( :( :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Rately

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 March, 2017, 09:23:40 AM
I remember seeing his Frankenstein pages for the first time and being blown away.

Really amazing work.

His illustrations for Stephen King's The Stand are also worth searching out.

IAMTHESYSTEM

He designed the monsters for the Film the 'Mist' based on Stephen Kings great Novella. His comic work is second to none and those cross-hatching lines are just immaculate. So long Bernie. Damn.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Spikes

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 18 March, 2017, 10:32:54 PM

Aye, a rum bugger - by all accounts - but he could certainly write a tune, and his recordings from way back still sound absolutely brilliant today. And he was most probably THE most influential guitarist ever. A true one-off.

RIP, Mr B.

JOE SOAP

Great Old One and Chief Newt – David Rockefeller – died suddenly aged 10,000.

rogue69

Martin McGuinness, the former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland aged 66

Batman's Superior Cousin

Colin Dexter, the creator of Inspector Morse
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Goaty

I am ok, was in London today. Thoughts with people for sad day.

von Boom

Glad to hear it Goaty. A very sad day.

Old Tankie

Police officer Keith Palmer.

Mardroid

Despite hearing the news yesterday and working in London  (not that vicinity),and noticing the increased amount of police officers at Victoria station on my way home, it was reading the Metro this morning, and seeing the pictures that really brought it home to me emotionally.

In particular, a woman kneeling down helping a literally broken man in the street.

JayzusB.Christ

Shocking news. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 23 March, 2017, 08:16:42 AM
Despite hearing the news yesterday and working in London  (not that vicinity),and noticing the increased amount of police officers at Victoria station on my way home, it was reading the Metro this morning, and seeing the pictures that really brought it home to me emotionally.

In particular, a woman kneeling down helping a literally broken man in the street.

Yes - I work in the area and noticed sirens every minute or two just before going in to a meeting at three.  The sirens continued until hometime (five o'clock yesterday).  There's still lots of roads closed off in the area, though some are for ongoing roadworks.