Main Menu

"30 years of 2000AD Celebration" ideas ?

Started by Marbles, 28 March, 2006, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Oh, and all the lettering to be done by Tom Frame and Annie Parkhouse.

opaque

Comnpetitions for original artwork and 2000ad related prizes.

Devons Daddy

buy some hard core SCI FI channel air-time and get us plenty of publicity in the papers.

for goodness sakes,media wake up, for 30 years its British, has had the finest writers and artists of this generation through its pages.it has won multiple awards.
it deserves some mileage in the main tabloid press and TV.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

Dagnabbit but I missed Frasier Irving out of the list. He deserves to be in the 30th anniversary story.

Dudley

That's the second time recently that someone's suggested Frazer Irving, in terms that make him sound like a character in his own strip, having zany adventures with a crew (or possibly a 'krew') of whimsical types.

DavidXBrunt

2nd? If this keeps on he'll eventually start to become more fiction than reality, more annecdote than artist, eventually becoming subsumed into the thrill power source existing as a meta-narrative funtion and those that remember the man that suddenly wasn't will start to doubt their memories and sanity and try to convince themselves that perhaps they just met someone like the character, or someone who wanted to be like the character, or someone who perhaps inspired the character and piece by piece he'll turn to ink and pencil and the flesh and blood that he was born into will fade and die in a way that Tristen and Isolde, Falstaff and Hal, Dredd and now Frasier never will and perhaps that immortality will be some consolation as he looks up through the panels and says to himself "I can see you!"

Floyd-the-k

I'd like to see something by Siku. And some Sinister Dexter. And some Durham Red. and....pretty much all of the above except for Bec n Kawl.

The Amazing Adventures of Fraser Irving sounds good

Dog Deever

The future shock should be by Moore and Redondo. All for anything by Massimo or Ron Smith. Photographic evidence of Rian Hughes and Peter Hogan being kicked to death by a Hari Krishna's in tartan slippers would be good too. oh and a couple of Script/Art Droid posters. NO Synamon- christ, i can't even b bothered to check my spelling on that utter arsegravy.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dog Deever

Anyway, think carefully about media coverage- the last time the comic became a fashion accessory it turned into a pile of festering Quaxxan pus. I never want to see Tharg wearing DJ headphones, or reviews of pop records ever again! I'm afraid my scrot couldn't handle it!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

pauljholden

I'd like a really long Tharg strip and lots of those little future shorts - maybe tharg can tempt some really big names to draw 'em?

- pj

I, Cosh

Photographic evidence of Rian Hughes and Peter Hogan being kicked to death by a Hari Krishna's in tartan slippers would be good too.

Eh? What's up with Rian Hughes? Really & Truly was great.
We never really die.

petemaskreplica

Jungle Tip: When slagging off old droids, don't have a user name that's the same as your email address.

"I'd like a really long Tharg strip and lots of those little future shorts - maybe tharg can tempt some really big names to draw 'em?"

I'm guessing the kind of names you're thinking of begin with "H" and end with "olden"? ;)

In all seriousness, though, that's a great idea. It's way too long since we've had a Tharg strip of any kind.

On a tangent, surely a Tharg Extreme would be a great idea? Especially with those classic Ezquerra & Bradbury strips.

And I still think a big hardback Christmas market book along the lines of that Jackie one, with loads of reader art and letters from the 80s would be a sure fire winner.

SamuelAWilkinson

"I'm guessing the kind of names you're thinking of begin with "H" and end with "olden"? ;)"

Holden Caulfield? But he's not even real!
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Funt Solo

I'm with you on the Reader's Art - there were some gems - Rogue Tortoise, which was basically Helm as the shell, and then a blue tortoise with a mohican.

Why would you want to read letters from the 80s, though?  Am I missing a goldmine of hilarity?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

Anyone wanting to slate Rian Hughes, please read the below (plus this linked pages) so that you at least know what you are talking about.

And how utterly wrong you are.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rian_Hughes" target="_blank">Wiki Hughes